Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2 Beta; stuff you wanted to see in the game

Page 1 of 3Next

Personally the beach wakeup scene is the thing that I would of wanted in the game.

What would of you wanted to see?

oh my god please HELP ME

please

The 2010 visuals.

yishbarr wrote:
The 2010 visuals.

I second this. The E3 visuals such as this,this or this were really cool.

ImageImage

I really don't see much difference.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

Can you count F-STOP as Portal 2 Beta?

Because I really liked that.

oh my god please HELP ME

please
srs bsnss wrote:

Yeah, you can tell the first one was changed and used as the second map in act 4, and the last one is almost the same puzzle as the underground one.

srs bsnss wrote:

That pretty much is what we got, just with really thick lasers, doors with oddly cropped stickmen on them, an outdated view model with no pickup animations, barely visible fizzlers, and pistons made of brushes instead of models.

opticalprocessor wrote:
Can you count F-STOP as Portal 2 Beta? Because I really liked that.

So you would have liked Portal 2 better if it didn't have portals?

iWork925 wrote:
I really don't see much difference.

It's mostly just lighting and the realism of the textures/water. The textures are shinier and a little more detailed and varied, but that's probably because it was a short demo that they could perfect. It had closer ties with p1, while p2 now basically looks nothing like it.
I have to say though that I prefer the old version. It's more engaging for someone like me who often dislikes it when realistic games are "semi-stylized" in a certain way.

( Ex: last 3/4's of bioshock infinite, obvious color correction everywhere, "artsy" clouds all over the place. Compare it with the first few minutes of the game.)

Caden wrote:
So you would have liked Portal 2 better if it didn't have portals?

Actually, I just meant that F-STOP was Portal 2 Beta, but as a separate game it would be good.

I felt like Portal 2 didn't explore enough into Underground.

oh my god please HELP ME

please

I want to see a cutscene of Wheatly and Space Core in space and they come back in android hell.

Page 1 of 3Next