Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Chell should of starved in Portal (2)

>>&>
./formulatetopic.sh

# Started at 5:23.23PM
# Randomizing topic selection
# Formulating post

BEGIN MESSAGE:

>>
So at the beginning of Portal, Chell wakes up in the stasis bed and starts testing through the Enrichment Centre, eventually killing (shutting down) GLaDOS and being dragged back into Aperture to start it all over again.

My question is, why hasn't she starved (or been severely dehydrated) during the course of these games and would simply adding the playtime of Portal and Portal 2 together be an acceptable answer anyways.
<<

END MESSAGE:

>&>>
./waitforresponse.sh

# Monitoring topic...

oh my god please HELP ME

please

HEY GUISE IM COOL LOK AT MY COOL POST 4MATTING LOL. Anyway

How much time has passed since the start and end of each game, anyway (discounting the stasis between P1 and P2)? I can't imagine it being more than a day or so. Maybe Aperture Science puts some nutrients in their one roomful of "adrenal vapor"? It's never mentioned exactly what's in that, just that it's there.

(The truth of the matter is that eating, sleeping, drinking, bathing, going to the bathroom, etc. aren't particularly exciting things to do in a puzzle game, so we just sort of gloss over those parts. It isn't "Real Life Simulator 2011", it's "Portal 2", okay?)

She also hasn't used a bathroom in the same amount of time.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

Simple explanation: during some of the loading screens GLaDOS redirects you to the break room for some refreshments before returning you to the same track. Any slightly useful stasis chamber would need to provide sustanance, or 'freeze' your body to stop you starving. Wheatley does say that the Frankenturrets have been 'solving' the test for 12 hours at least, although he might be lying, since it doesn't really feel like 12 hours of gel testing. Perhaps after the fall you were unconscious for a few hours? The adrenal vapour is stated by GLaDOS to allow you to test 24/7, so it probably has some kind of drug/magic/nanobots mixed in.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]
TeamSpen210 wrote:
Simple explanation: during some of the loading screens GLaDOS redirects you to the break room for some refreshments before returning you to the same track. Any slightly useful stasis chamber would need to provide sustanance, or 'freeze' your body to stop you starving. Wheatley does say that the Frankenturrets have been 'solving' the test for 12 hours at least, although he might be lying, since it doesn't really feel like 12 hours of gel testing. Perhaps after the fall you were unconscious for a few hours? The adrenal vapour is stated by GLaDOS to allow you to test 24/7, so it probably has some kind of drug/magic/nanobots mixed in.

"To maintain a constant testing cycle, I simulate daylight at all hours and add adrenal vapour to your oxygen supply. So you may be confused about the passage of time. The point is, yesterday was your birthday. I thought you'd want to know."
Maybe the adrenal vapour is pumped in to the underground areas too.