Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New mod release: Thinking with Time Machine.

Page 1 of 4Next

Hello Test Subjects!

Today a brand new mod called "Thinking with Time machine" has been released on steam, through steam greenlight!

In this mod you will find yourself using a time machine to be able to solve the puzzle together with your past self! This past self will accurately repeat all your actions, creating a unique twist on the well known portal mechanics!

I hope you all enjoy it, let us know in the thread below what you think of the mod!

Store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/286080/

Ooh, I love the concept of this. I'll have to play it to get an idea of what it's like but I can see it being pretty awesome! :lol:

EDIT: My expectations were not fulfilled in the slightest. Admittedly, the idea was good and pretty well executed, but everything else was a blunder. The maps were an eyesore to say the least and utterly disgraceful to say the most. "A good concept gone wrong" sums it up pretty well.

ImageImage

Would try it but Portal 2 randomly crashes. So, will try when Portal 2 gets fixed.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.

So i tried this mod. And in my opinion, -> The Mod should get released later. Much later.
- Sometimes i can look in the void (

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
).
- Some incorrect placed textures,
- Some textures rendered outside the chambers.
-
Spoiler
Im stuck.
- For some reason my antialising isnt working in this mod.
- I can fastly walk out the elevator before the doors are closing.
- Some rooms are just looking weird,
- Too many render bugs, (mostly reflections)
- Also:
Spoiler

-
Spoiler

- When i quited the game, it crashed.

I cant remember more things who arent right now..

+ New textures are impressiv
+ New models are impressiv
+ I really like

Spoiler

+ Puzzles arent too hard/easy
+ impressive loading screen and logo
+
Spoiler

So, the mod is cool, but could be MUCH better, but there are just too many bugs and weird things, they should get fixed and tested before the mod gets released, just saying..

I downloaded it and tried to pull it up. But it crashed at the loading screen before the main menu. I tried verifying game cache and restarting my computer. Neither fixed it. Is anybody else experiencing this problem? Does anybody know how to fix it?

Here are the official `it crashes, how do I fix it?' instructions. I got the mod to run by validating the mod's cache, then Portal 2's cache, then finally running portal 2---loading up the menu seemed to be enough.

I don't think the mod's perfect, and there are lots of things I could nitpick about, perhaps unfairly. (Maybe I should write them up?) About halfway through I felt I had a decent sense for how the time machine device worked, and the feeling of progression was satisfying.

Edit: Something I just remembered. I got a bit stuck in the room with

Spoiler
. I thought I was supposed to
Spoiler
. But for some reason I didn't have the recording device in that map.

P.S. Here's part of how the time machine was implemented. I thought it was amusing!

BEARD! wrote:
P.S. Here's part of how the time machine was implemented. I thought it was amusing!

It's...genius! I never would've guessed that. Wow.

ImageImage

This mod is greatly unpolished, seemed like it was rushed for a release date, which no developers should do.

The mechanic was impressive, much of the models were great, but the mapping and details some maps were just plain lazy. Some of the puzzles were smart and required thinking.
The story of the mod was a little weird, it seemed like the developers tried to add a story to it, abandoned it halfway through the game, then picked it up again at the end.

This mod could be much better if there were more emphasis on the story line and that they payed more attention to the details in the maps.

This was an interesting idea gone horribly wrong. I was intrigued during the training levels, but most of the time you end up just recording your clone standing on buttons. The portal gun is rarely used (this may be because the light surfaces and the portable surfaces are almost indistinguishable); in fact, there are very few Portal 2 elements that are used in this mod. If your idea of fun is to jump on Chell's back so she can raise you up high enough to press a button, then this mod is for you. The puzzles were just bad. Hint: if you enter a room with fizzlers covering the floor and a button connected to a timer, noclip your way to the end. It's just not worth it.

This was a creative concept. I liked the part with

Spoiler
, and
Spoiler
, but it didn't really lead up to anything (at least to me). So -- A great concept, with a not-so-good "storyline".

This... sentence... is... false.... dontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutit
MLIA
Thanks in advance :thumbup:
Page 1 of 4Next