Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Small Request

Page 1 of 2Next

I have a small request for a custom portal 2 prop?
Can anyone please make a disco ball that slides down out of a ceiling? And that it shines light beams (like a real disco ball) and can play a soundscape?

Also is it possible to make a custom credit sequence? If so please do a tutorial :D

In regards to credits, using a "game_text" entity usually works fine. Alternatively you could create some in an external program like Sony Vegas, convert that to a .bik file, then use a "logic_playmovie" to show them.

In regards to the disco ball...well, I'm not sure how to help you there. You could probably create one out of brushes and use a "logic_random_outputs" entity to do the lighting ("point_spotlight"), then use an "ambient_generic" to play music.

ImageImage

Hmm thanks for the info :D
The set of maps I have in mind is kind of an after-game story.
Basically the fact core takes over Glados and wakes up Chell, and uses musical-psychological warfare to "aid in the testing experiance" of course the music itself is there to drive the player crazy.
First Test Chamber: "What is Love"
Second Test Chamber: "Wanna Be"-spice girls
Third Test Chamber: "Respect"
Fourth Test Chamber: "Living on a prayer"
Fifth Test Chamber: "Bet on it"
Sixth Test Chamber: "Spoon Full of Sugar"
Seventh Test Chamber: "Never gonna give you up"
Eighth Test Chamber: Nyan Cat song
Ninth Test Chamber: "Beat it"
Inbetween Ninth and Tenth Chamber: Glados hacks the speakers to help motivate the player and plays "eye of the tiger" in an empty hallway that leads to the boss room.
Boss Chamber: "Final Countdown" The song is about five minutes, that's how long the timer for the Neurotoxin is.
End Credits: Sweet victory :3

Is there an easy and simple method of adding custom music to the hammer edditor library? I have seen a couple but I'm not sure which ones to use.

This is a good tutorial on importing custom sounds.

You will also need to use the program PakRat or a similar program to pack the sound files into your map if you plan on sharing it.

For the disco ball: try using a normal Edgeless Safety Cube in a prop_dynamic_override, it will be funnier.

But be careful about copyright infringement with those songs.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
But be careful about copyright infringement with those songs.

I don't think they would care that he uses those songs as long as he makes no profit from using them.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

What I'm worrying about is distributing them for free in the map.

Falsi sumus crusto!

That's his problem. Nothing we have to talk about here.

These songs are uploaded in their full extent on YOUTUBE and those users have no problem with third party copyright issues. Using them as part of my "psychological warfare" maps will not be an issue. Credit will be given to the creators in my custom credit scene and I'm not making any profit off of this music or this mod anyway.

If anything it'll make the songs more popular than they are.
As the songs are only part of the map, the only way to listen to them is to play the map.

Also is there a way to import Half Life 2 models and such into a portal 2 map?
I've seen some custom mods with some outdoor stuff and I'm curious about using those.

SonicShuffler42 wrote:
Also is there a way to import Half Life 2 models and such into a portal 2 map?
I've seen some custom mods with some outdoor stuff and I'm curious about using those.

I don't know how to do this, but you should probably create a new thread if you want more replies.

Page 1 of 2Next