Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 1 don't have func_weight_button ?

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... ght_button my portal 1 don't have this.

also, I use the hamme from D:SteamSteamAppscommonPortalbin , is there any problem with that?

Not a problem with your installation; that entity does not exist in Portal 1. As well as many other entities for testing elements.

Making things like buttons and doors in Portal 1 is more of a manual process. You have to use generic entities like func_button and func_door and triggers, and assemble them into complete testing elements yourself. For example, a button consists of:

1. a prop_static for the base model;
  2. a prop_dynamic for the moving part of the button;
  3. a func_door to move the button up and down;
  4. two triggers, one to detect the player and another to detect cubes;
  5. some odds and ends to tie it all together.

Instructions for creating each type of entity are on the Valve wiki: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Portal_Level_Creation. Look under the heading "Level Creation Tutorials".

The reason it works like this, is that the first Portal game was more of a game concept. The designers were making up test elements in parallel with the development of the game itself. In this experimental stage, the fastest way to make a new construct in the game is to just jury-rig it together using the existing entity types in the Half-Life 2 engine. For Portal 2, they already knew (mostly) what test elements to make, so it was easier to make special entities for them.

SecretComing wrote:
also, I use the hamme from D:SteamSteamAppscommonPortalbin , is there any problem with that?

That is the correct one. The fact that it is on your D: drive should not matter.

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

Well actually the biggest problem is that my portal game is missing a lot of props, like for doors and buttons it only have the prop_reference or something of them, with not dynamics and that sort of thing.

Cause when I looked at my portal folder I sawa lot of materials from others addons I put recently so I don't know if there are missing files or not (I tried verifying integrity game cache). If I delete all and verify integrity game cache will it add the missing files?

SecretComing wrote:
Well actually the biggest problem is that my portal game is missing a lot of props, like for doors and buttons it only have the prop_reference or something of them, with not dynamics and that sort of thing.

Cause when I looked at my portal folder I sawa lot of materials from others addons I put recently so I don't know if there are missing files or not (I tried verifying integrity game cache). If I delete all and verify integrity game cache will it add the missing files?

If you have missing files, then you'll have to reinstall, because those aren't caches. Many props in P1 are simple props that are used with brush entities. You can use a prefab or something if it's too much.

Hey my portal 2 is broken too he have custom content override but when I reinstall it still keeps it, how do I fix that? (for example, on the main menu it runs 2 songs)

When it uninstalls, it probably doesn't delete everything. Make sure steam/steamapps/common/Portal 2 gets deleted. Otherwise, I'm not sure, but maybe has something to do with steam caches, but I doubt it.

yishbarr wrote:
When it uninstalls, it probably doesn't delete everything. Make sure steam/steamapps/common/Portal 2 gets deleted. Otherwise, I'm not sure, but maybe has something to do with steam caches, but I doubt it.

That's a good idea. Uninstalling the game may not remove custom content that you have downloaded and if one of these things is doing something bad to your Portal games, then re-installing (or verifying the cache) will not fix it; you have to get rid of the custom files that are causing the problem. Removing or renaming that folder will do that.

I would suggest to also rename or remove steam/steamapps/sourcemods just in case. (Although anything in sourcemods is less likely to interact with the game unless you specifically launch it.)

By the way, if this has started happening suddenly, without a clear cause, then it may be that your files are getting corrupted because your hard drive is on it's last legs. Which leads to this question: Are you backing up your data?

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic