Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Custom models?

Hey,
I'm looking for custom models for my new mod right now. Specifically, a custom vault door (with custom text, not completely different).
Any place where I could find these, or anyone willing to make one for me?

I'm also looking for someone who can make custom signs (overlays).

Thanks,
CitadelCore

Never again

Hi CitadelCore!
When you say you're looking for a custom vault door, do you mean a reskin of this (a reskinned example can be found here.) or an entirely new model? If it's the first, then you may want to check out this thread where I act like an imbecile and give Josepedj a headache while he clearly types things the length of books about doing this and I can never understand my problems and eventually give up but that was a while ago and i'm totally not self-indulgently saying that I'm better now both in my skills and words but that thread is still really cringey for me to read and also run on sentences are great

Anyways, for the second request, I came up with a way in GIMP to create an image that looks like a worn bts sign, such as this one I made. If you wish, I can explain how I made that, but I just wanted to get a quick reply to you and welcome you to the forums!

By the way, it's good to point out that people are normally more inclined to join the team of a mod where promising screenshots/videos/working concepts/etc. are presented. It would be nice to see some of your current work. Just to let you know, for my mod, Test Gemini, I also need a custom vault door for a section, but because I don't have a modeler, I'm currently bulding the levels around it (and the other numerous models that I need) until I get one.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have everyone wonder how you did it.
Musical website Moddb

A reskin (Like the one you linked me to there). I'm looking for one with the word "Core" on it. (Preferably in blue, and with danger stripes like the one you linked me to.).

Also, how would I edit the "Fan Override" templates to make "Fan 1" and "Fan 2" with the fan symbols on it?

EDIT: Do you know where I could find the old Aperture turret model (the one in Portal Stories: Mel)

Thanks as well! :)

Never again

You'll have to ask the Dev team, such as lpfreaky, about using their custom asset turret model from Mel.

As for the reskins, I do a good deal of texture work and could do that for you (free of course) if you could be a little more descriptive about what you want. If you're interested drop me a PM.

Tried sending you a PM. "You're not authorized to use this feature."

EDIT: Wait, nevermind.

Never again