Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Cave material looking silver

For some reason on my latest map compile, my salt mine textures look all silvery and reflective.
http://i.imgur.com/DGDEcx6.jpg
Any ideas?

i do not agree with your opinion please remove yourself

Build cubemaps?

Falsi sumus crusto!

I know some other people were having this issue too- even on the normal portal 2 levels. There's something to do with the command mat_specular here, but I'm not sure what. Most likely another glitch from the new update.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have everyone wonder how you did it.
Musical website Moddb
Arachnaphob wrote:
I know some other people were having this issue too- even on the normal portal 2 levels. There's something to do with the command mat_specular here, but I'm not sure what. Most likely another glitch from the new update.

Everything was working fine with them with specular enabled in some earlier compiles, but I recompiled with not much changed, and now it all looks like this. It does look normal with specular disabled, but I really need it enabled.

I extracted the textures from pak01_dir and played around with the materials blendrockdirt_tunnel03a and blendrockdirt_tunnel03b (the ones that have this issue) and the issue caused cubemap_cave01 texture. Though after playing around with it, changing textures settings, switching cubemap_cave01 with cubemap_cave01_hdr and than putting everything as it were at the start (changing the settings to default), the problem somehow fixed (I have no idea how).

Though it only fixed the extracted textures, as the default ones from pak01_dir still has this issue.

Plus, I get this side error when compiling with that texture:
http://imgur.com/bpX9dGg

It's cause of the recent update, will have to wait for Valve to unscrew it.
This already happened with a previous update though, how they managed to screw it up again is beyond me.

Lamarr wrote:
It's cause of the recent update, will have to wait for Valve to unscrew it.
This already happened with a previous update though, how they managed to screw it up again is beyond me.

...Why am I not surprised? :c

You can use mat_fastspecular 0 as a temporary solution though.

For the sake of leaving here for someone with the problem to find, valve already fixed this issue if someone still have this issue just verify the game cache and it will fix it.

Level designer, 3D modeler, texture artist ,environment artist.