Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can't Pack Models into BSP

Hey everyone, I made a post a while back about adding skins to the fizzler models: mapping-help/custom-fizzler-model-issues-t10428.html

I've been trying to add the models to workshop maps, but when I compile Pakrat says that fizzler_dynamic.sw.vtx and fizzler_dynamic.dx80.vtx are missing from the pack.
But the models show up like this for people on the workshop: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 8D07C50AC/

I'm not sure what to do, and I'm hoping somebody has the answer.

Hey again :D

I don't think your problem is any model file, but probably it's your materials.

Can you post the folder where the model is and all of the content inside plus the folder with all materials?

If you feel comfier, you can pm them to me.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

What model compiler did you use to create those models? The MDL version of Portal 2/its model compiler won't create sw.vtx, dx80.vtx and dx90.vtx. It only gives you .vtx. Maybe Pakrat confuses it with dx90.vtx. Pakrat is old and so it probably doesn't know those files aren't needed.

Oh woops, forgot I still had this up! I actually fixed my problem. Turns out I was packing the files from the wrong directory (apparently I have copies?) just packed the others and everything was fine. Thanks for your help anyway!