Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Shift-Tab

his is my submission for the TWP 2017 mapping competition.

A huge thanks to:
-josepezdj for his yucky signage
-Skotty for his sweet corner squarebeam models
-Tmast for his awesome elevator instance
-and Tanger2b for talking me through many issues I faced throughout making this map

I hope you enjoy my map

Click here to download Shift-Tab

Really good map. The best map. This one is going to win.

Big Mood

The mapping was excellent, you nailed the destructed theme perfectly! The most detailed map of all submissions.

Puzzle-wise you managed to get that "oh, looks easy enough... oh wait" effect, I knew you placed the white walls around the funnel for a reason, but I couldn't figure out why. Until I solved it by accident. Clever!

LambdaCore 21 wrote:
The mapping was excellent, you nailed the destructed theme perfectly! The most detailed map of all submissions.

Puzzle-wise you managed to get that "oh, looks easy enough... oh wait" effect, I knew you placed the white walls around the funnel for a reason, but I couldn't figure out why. Until I solved it by accident. Clever!

Thank you for the kind words! I am glad you enjoyed it :)

I think I like this map? My first time through I stumbled into the solution by just trying random things and eventually having the realization to

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
. When I was finished, I didn't really understand what I had just done. I did a second play through and things make more sense (though the solution I used involved
Spoiler
which is a tricky enough maneuver to feel like I wasn't meant to do it.

The detailing is good, though it has some questionable bits. This floor feels like it isn't supported by anything, which I would believe with a smaller piece of floor but it physically just feels wrong to me. Same deal with this column. Really, a lot of the destroyed theme as a whole is structurally questionable, but these two parts called my attention to them.

I also noticed this invisible fizzler, which I assume is to prevent an unintended solution. I realize this is probably put in after you had detailed everything (explaining why you wouldn't just resize the chamber a bit to prevent the solution) but I think you could also just remove some of the white panels to do the same thing.

Idolon wrote:
I did a second play through and things make more sense (though the solution I used involved
Spoiler
which is a tricky enough maneuver to feel like I wasn't meant to do it.

That solution is not intended, you are right about me trying to prevent unintended solutions and I appreciate the feedback. Once the competition is over I will be sure to fix them.

l1zardr0ckets wrote:
That solution is not intended,

Oops! Here's a video of how I solved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCraQscNUvQ&feature=youtu.be

Solved (the conventional way I believe). This is the most production quality map of all the prize places, so 5/5.