Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Resurrection v1.1

Page 1 of 4Next

This is a multi-part puzzle created for the My Aperture Labs contest. It gets harder as you progress, and several of the parts are interconnected and must be reused. Most of the time it is not obvious what to do next. Most people will probably find this level to be very difficult, but it is solvable without using any hacks or glitches (e.g., "portal tunneling").

Note: Unfortunately I don't know of a way to have a second "scenes.image" file specifically for this map. So, for now, the voices are played by ambient_generics rather than scenes, and subtitles are faked by game_texts.

File Name: resurrection_v1.3.zip
File Size: 11.7 MiB
Click here to download Resurrection

Nice map but, ... hard. I didn't understand a signle puzzle :(
I exited when I realised that the non-greenish glass at the end of the goo pit (with the hand tracks on it) was unbreakable, even though it should be breakable.

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

That glass is the same color green as the others. Although now that you mention it, lighting and reflections do make it look non-greenish when viewed from certain angles. I'll try to make it more apparent.

Does the

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

It requires

Spoiler

Here's my walkthrough.
walkthrough

Spoiler

Waow i just watched your walkthrough and i can't believe it. I spent so much time triyng to figure this out, i knew i would be slapping my forehead once i'd seen how to do it.

There's something you should fix to prevent confusion :

Spoiler

I gave 5 cakes on myapertutrelabs, this map is awesome. Keep em comming, you really got talent.

Thanks for the heads up portalgrinder. I didn't realize you could

Spoiler
This is a problem that needs to be fixed with my map pack too. Luckily I know how.

Just need a filter_activator_name to fix the buttons.

Actually it was slightly more complicated than that. I use instances for all my cube droppers and the name fixup, in addition to me manually naming some cubes (like for the cube killing switch and checking for the companion cube) prevented me from using the filter_activator_name even with wildcards. Instead, I used two filter_activator_mass_greater filters in my button instance to ensure whatever activates it has a mass of 40.

Definately one of the best maps I've played, I loved the design, and I loved

Spoiler

Also the design was unique with the cliff like rocks at the top, and out of the glass near the companion cube, how long did this map take to make?

Also, I'm very proud to say that I beat the map without cheating or looking up how to beat it, even though it literally took me an hour and a half, but I solved it slightly different than your intended solution I think...

Portal 1.5 http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-15
Page 1 of 4Next