Please or Register to create posts and topics.

hmw00_1_2.7z

Page 1 of 9Next

Updated version of Manic Mechanic

This is a minor update to the Manic Mechanic portal map, which fixes a long existing bug with some physics simulation puzzles.

See the README file for details.
To extract this package, you need 7zip, which can be obtained at http://www.7-zip.org.

File Name: hmw00_1_2.7z
File Size: 11.26?MiB
hmw00_1_2.7z

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

Awesome looking map.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

This looks fantastic. Can't wait to play it.

:wink:

:wink:

Well done on a great map. I found it challenging and thoroughly enjoyed playing it.

I only played a part of this map for this time. I got stuck when returning to the beginning (the place where you cannot jam the door with the cube - I lol'd at that). Could you possibly give me some hint?
I had to noclip only one part - the one with the rotating platform, since it is impossible to reach the door in time (is there another solution when you don't have both portals?)
The timings at the "Combinations" part were very low, I had 5 unsuccessful tries and after I decided to give it up, suddendly I managed it. Damn, I hate those timings in maps :? But that's just me and my humble opinion.
After all, this map is very nice, the atmosphere is great and the lighting and brushwork are all polished. Great work.

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.
Mek wrote:
I only played a part of this map for this time. I got stuck when returning to the beginning (the place where you cannot jam the door with the cube - I lol'd at that). Could you possibly give me some hint?

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Mek wrote:
I had to noclip only one part - the one with the rotating platform, since it is impossible to reach the door in time (is there another solution when you don't have both portals?)
The timings at the "Combinations" part were very low, I had 5 unsuccessful tries and after I decided to give it up, suddendly I managed it. Damn, I hate those timings in maps :? But that's just me and my humble opinion.
After all, this map is very nice, the atmosphere is great and the lighting and brushwork are all polished. Great work.

You should have plenty of time if you use the intended solutions. I understand your criticism though, i also hate timing puzzles which give you only half a second of tolerance. (The "stub your toe once along the way and you're too late" kind. :roll: )

In the first room with the rotating portal gun,

Spoiler

For the part with the rotating platform,

Spoiler

amazing map! i really love the atmospher and some of the lighting effects you used! the puzzles are the first real new and innovative thing si've seen in quite a while! my only qualm is that the signs do not work for me at all. i have a feeling the last puzzle would be a bit more possible if i knew what all of the signs were saying. and some of the textures and platforms still looks like a bunch of white lines.
wait, i think i know what the problem is, never mind.
EDIT: nope still doesnt work.
EDIT2: never mind, i got it to work. but some of the objects look like they are made of white lines...?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
HMW wrote:
In the first room with the rotating portal gun,
Spoiler

wow :shock: :D

Spoiler

Thanks for your hints, I will try again tomorrow.

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

MSLEEPER, YOU'RE ALIVE!!!

Can you update the community spotlight, now? I think you promised sbrown a shot at the glory ;)

again wrote:
EDIT2: never mind, i got it to work. but some of the objects look like they are made of white lines...?

Very cool that you figured it out on your own eventually. :D

The white lines indicate that one or more material files are missing. You need to copy the entire portal folder from the zip file over the "inner" game folder, merging their contents. All files will then end up in their correct places. (map file under portal/maps/hmw and materials under portal/materials/HMW_*.) If you look in the bonus maps menu, there should be an "HMW" entry on the first screen. If the HMW folder is in a separate "portal" folder, you've copied the files one directory level too deep, and it won't find any custom materials.

Page 1 of 9Next