Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Gel Flow Particle Systems

This is a map with a couple of example Gel-Flow Particle Systems. This is how Valve made Gel look like it is flowing through pipes (and curving in them).

You can just copy and paste these into your maps, however keep the angles of the info_particle_system's the same to the info_target as this is how it tells which way to curve the Gel.

I would suggest you to ignore the different "Control Points" as decompiling a Valve map shows that they only used 1 info_target for 1 particle control system.

Searching through the Portal files I couldn't find the name of a water one but I am pretty sure that there is one. If you do find out the name of the particle system, then post a comment below and I will edit this thread.

File Name: GelCurveFlow.7z
File Size: 1.42 KiB
Click here to download Gel Flow Particle Systems

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

Why are there many entities outside of the pipe? can I just copy the pipe and its contenets, and discard those external ones, or are they essential to the function?

Thanks for clearing up how this was done. Many failed experiments with intricate sprayers and timers, and all I had to use was a particle system! Thanks again for posting.

"Such monstrous sucking-constructions aren't built within one afternoon"