Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Gel Dropper instance

Instance of a gel dropper that comes from a standard cube dropper.

==============================================
= GEL DROPPER INSTANCE MADE BY CHICKENMOBILE =
==============================================

This instance covers every available, working gel in Portal2. It has presets for each gel when you specify the type.

Please note: Options are CASE SENSITIVE therefore you will need to type 'Bounce' instead of bounce and 'BigBlob' instead of bigblob etc.

Instructions:

1. Place an func_instance inside your map and point towards your gel dropper instance.

2. Name this instance

3. Select your Gel type for $PaintType.
Options:
1. Bounce
2. Speed
3. Erase
4. Portal

4. Select if it will spawn as a BigBlob or a constant stream of gel for $BigBlobOrConstant
Options:
1. BigBlob
2. Constant

5. If it is 'BigBlob', set $TimeBetweenBigBlobs as a number for time BigBlobs spawn after each other (2 seconds is a good time)
Notes:
1. BigBlobs are treated like physics objects which can be catapulted by faith plates and explodes when in contact with other BigBlobs
2. BigBlobs cannot press buttons

6. If you set $DropperInitiallyDisabled to 1, you will need to manually turn the gel spawner on using an output.

Create an output from your activator (i.e. a button etc.) and then point it towards your gel spawner, then select from the 'Target Input' drop down menu: 'instance:StartGel;Trigger'. If you want to stop the gel from spawning choose: 'instance:StopGel;Trigger'

7. Profit?!?!

P.S. I cbf uploading a thumbnail its nearly 4am. Good day :)

File Name: geldroppers.zip
File Size: 5.01 KiB
Click here to download Gel Dropper instance

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

Oh, this should be good!

Um...there are already instances for the various functioning gel droppers. What is so much better about your instances?

Wow! That was...uh, yeah. Just, yeah.
protoborg wrote:
What is so much better about your instances?

1. Regular gel can't bounce off faith-plates
2. 'BigBlob' is a unique (read: All new) physics object with interesting behavioural potential
3. Setting up a paint dropper correctly normally requires linking of entities and careful playing with settings in order to achieve good looking paint blobs. This instance provides everything you need in one small tasty package.

Excellent work, Chick!

"Such monstrous sucking-constructions aren't built within one afternoon"

Thanks! This will make my Old Aperture level much easier to build. :thumbup: