Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Flying Bomber NPC

The Flying Bomber is rigged to fly at the Player on sight and explode on proximity. It is also conditioned to attack dummies, however it can be modified to attack more enemies. When idle it will roam around trying to find enemies

File Name: flying_bomber_npc.zip
File Size: 7.43 KiB
Click here to download Flying Bomber NPC

Just when I think I understand the system, it changes on me.

@Fracture Looks cool, but the npc goes in aleatory direction and don't explode when it touch the player, could you fix that ? :thumbup:

well i tried using the exploding futball, but it would detonate immediately when it touches anything.

currently the ai is a cluster of numerous npc_enemyfinders. a set of 3 per enemy. one to locate from a distance, align the tank and fires the thurster, while also disabling the other npc_enemyfinders. the second sets off the bomb on proximity, and the third applies the brakes when zooming past the enemy.

I could remove the outputs that turn off the alternate sets of enemy finders when an enemy is found, but that would make the bomb switch drastically from who to attack when multiple enemies are visible

alternatively i could use triggers that enable on sight, however they function through walls and so do the explosives sometimes

Just when I think I understand the system, it changes on me.