Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Coop Transition Script and Level Choosers

Page 1 of 5Next

This Transition script and custom level choosers can be used to transition to different maps and courses through a hub map (like Valves).

The level choosers can choose from any map in the course and it can display what map you are choosing with a message appearing on the screen.

You can have 'infinite' courses inside your script, however both players need the same maps in order for the map to transition to it.

If anyone wants to make a coop mass mack-pack (from everyone's coop maps), go ahead. It is definitely possible.

Refer to the README.txt included with the download for installation instructions and common problems with fixes. If you have a problem and you cannot find an answer to it: put a post in this thread or PM me so we can get it working.

One thing I don't know how to do (yet) is to save a player's progress and make the courses 'unlockable', even if the player has ended the game and then goes back to it (with the same or different partner).
If anyone can tell me how to read and write to a file, I would gladly edit this and put this function in.

If you are to use my instances/script/materials make sure you credit me within your map download or in your credits!

Anyway, enjoy!
ChickenMobile

EDIT: From a very nice person I found out that there are a few errors with this:
- The map doesn't transition without a point_servercommand called @command in your map
- I forgot a major script that opens the chooser panel
- Updated the Readme file to account for a new problem found
- You don't have to use my coop spawner instance (your welcome to use your own)

Guaranteed all things are now fixed!

EDIT: Sorry guys for uploading the wrong file. Fixed in double time.

File Name: portal 2s.7z
File Size: 380.24 KiB
Click here to download Coop Transition Script and Level Choosers

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

Awesome; this can be very very useful, great job!

chickenmobile wrote:
Remember that you have to use my coop spawner and end_room otherwise the script will not transition to the next map.

Do I have to use your coop spawner? I can't find any differences between your spawner and the one I am using. And I have my own custom end room. So I guess I have to change the changelevel script to the one you've made. Is that all I have to do in Hammer?

Thank you!

~(o)~~/o\~ A Trusted Friend in Science
My workshop
How to control other people
[spoiler]LOL, I've just forced you to click on the 'SHOW' button! Now click here: http://soundcloud.com/vojtasiman/[/spoiler]

Hey, I have a problem with downloading. I can only download the Credits Script, instead of the Transition Script, maybe you have updated something wrong?
EDIT: This could also be a bug, because they both have the same filename.

This contains the same file as the credits instance you recently uploaded. Please upload the right instance, I think this could be really really awesome! :)

Jepp wrote:
This contains the same file as the credits instance you recently uploaded. Please upload the right instance, I think this could be really really awesome! :)

Oooops. Archives were named the same thing...

Uploading again...

I would like to post a quick note here:

This is meant for multiple maps to work with a level chooser, NOT for a series of maps you could transition to normally one after the other IF YOU DON'T WANT A LEVEL CHOOSER.

If you want a simple transition, look at this page on how: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Level_Transition_(Portal_2)

Quick note 2: If you are to use this; make sure you replace any paths for scripts I included (as well as the paths in the instances) so then it doesn't replace other people's transition script downloaded here.

Do ineed all of my maps done in order for transistion to work? I have the hub done and a testchamber In-Progress, But theres more chambers after that in my script. But when I go to test the transstion, It just loads and loads and oads and loads and loads!

Check the console to see if you have put the scripts in correct folder. If you go into the disassembler and in the console you are getting a 'The index 'functionname' does not exist', then your script is not in the right location.
You will have to edit all the logic_scripts and make it point towards the relevant path if you decided to create your own custom folder for your scripts.

And you do not need all your maps done before you can use the transition: technically you can transition to a map without any of my custom instances inside your map from your hub with the level chooser, however it is necessary if you want to transition to multiple maps in one course (one coop map to the other).

Refer to the examples provided to see how it works. Also make sure to compile and test them as well (if nothing happens its purely a script location problem).

I didnt make a custom folder or nothing. I followed the FAQ and made sure everything in my hub matched your hub, except the rotation. could it be that the first map dosen't have a dissasembler?
Also I cant run yours case therye not connected in the script. I replaced your maps (except course 2, 1 course map at the moment) with mine. I also edit the constants and the hubmap in the script

Page 1 of 5Next