How can I change portal linkage ids in hammer?

How can I change portal linkage ids in hammer?

Postby Axon9000 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:03 am

I want to be able to change the portal likage id through hammer. I was trying to acomplish this through a point_servercommand entity, however this requires sv_cheats to be enabled. Is there any way to do this without using point_servercommand?
Axon9000
Defective Turret

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Re: How can I change portal linkage ids in hammer?

Postby ChickenMobile » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:19 am

It is possible to change the ids in game, a map I made had fun with this concept.
FreakyChicken's Portals of Doom and Friendship prt1

I can't remember if I put decomplile protection in. But you are welcome to decompile the map and take a look.
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Decompiling_Maps
                             TWP Releases | My Workshop
ChickenMobile
Senior Stalemate Associate

Postby Kwinten06 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Depending of what you want to do with it.. Do you want to play a coop map solo ? Or to have 4 portals in SP ?
Avoid to use point_servercommand since it has some bugs, use point_clientcommand instead, and i think this one doesn't require cheats enabled
Kwinten06
Defective Turret

Postby Axon9000 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:45 pm

ChickenMobile wrote:
It is possible to change the ids in game, a map I made had fun with this concept.
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Decompiling_Maps

Ah, definitely quite a useful asset, and decompile protection is indeed off. Thanks you for this.

Kwinten06 wrote:
Depending of what you want to do with it.. Do you want to play a coop map solo ? Or to have 4 portals in SP ? Avoid to use point_servercommand since it has some bugs, use point_clientcommand instead, and i think this one doesn't require cheats enabled

I was trying to allow the player to use four portals in singleplayer, fortunately, I was able to figure this out on my own. I used a .nut file to force the player to send "sv_cheats 1" and "change_portal_linkage_id 1" to the console. Then I simply hid this chat with another command (which I can't think of right now)
Axon9000
Defective Turret

Return to Hammer and Modding