[Coop] 10 Reasons for Reassembly

[Coop] 10 Reasons for Reassembly

Postby Jepp » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:53 am

Difficulty: Medium/Hard
Theme: Destruction
Estimated Playtime: 2-3 hours

Hello dear testsubjects!

10 cooperative testchambers signing in, I hope you you'll enjoy and as always try to give me any thought about the maps in return, it makes difference to me.

Keep testing

Click here to download 10 Reasons for Reassembly
Last edited by Jepp on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jepp
Community Contributor

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Re: [Coop] 10 Reasons for Reassembly

Postby Jepp » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:44 am

I don't feel done with this but frankly I just don't have the time to map right now. I thought it would be nice to let you play it either way since all the puzzles and logics are finished. With that in mind please don't nitpick much on the detailing :)
Jepp
Community Contributor

Postby Dom44 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Wait this is Tests of Cleverness + some extension?
Dom44
Community Contributor

Postby Jepp » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:19 am

Yes, those chambers and seven more.
Jepp
Community Contributor

Postby Lefon » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:05 pm

How to solve 1st chamber in part 2? =(
Lefon
i dont know what brush is but i herd it alot

Postby Jepp » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:44 am

Well I can most easily explain bt showing you, I'll do video playthroughs of all the maps when I have the time. I'm moving so I cam't do it right now. If anyone wants to do a playthrough I'd be very happy right now, and not sad witch is the emotion I'm actually feeling.
Jepp
Community Contributor

Postby matsangak95 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:51 pm

hello there. is there anyway you could upload the bsp file ? Its a little hard for me to download through steam. would be appreciate if you could help. thanks :)
matsangak95
i dont know what brush is but i herd it alot

Postby zivi7 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:28 am

matsangak95 wrote:
hello there. is there anyway you could upload the bsp file ? Its a little hard for me to download through steam. would be appreciate if you could help. thanks :)

Simple solution: buy Portal 2. There are a lot of threads giving away coupons so it only costs you 5$.

The maps look and play great again! :thumbup:

I haven't managed to play all of this yet, but HobbleHobble and me might have found an exploit in the final puzzle of part 2:

|
zivi7
Community Contributor

Postby Jepp » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:37 pm

You're not suppose to be able to shoot the lightbridge like that, damn portalhelpers. Thanks for showing me, i'll fix it sometime soon!
Jepp
Community Contributor

Postby Calculator » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Absolutely amazing map pack! :D

We've already played "10 Reasons for Reasoning" and "Tests of Cleverness" and found those puzzles to be brilliant. We were gladly amused to find the same level of puzzle ingenuity and map design quality in seven more chambers. :)

There's just one thing we couldn't figure out:
That one thing |
In the last part of the finale, there were the spinning death fields, two faith plates, two ceiling buttons and two cube buttons on the sides. However, the faith plates were not below the ceiling buttons and there were no portalable surfaces. Therefore, we couldn't use the faith plates to launch ourselves up to the ceiling buttons and found ourselves stuck in a carousel with no exit. Eventually, we used the faith plates to jump onto the outer railing. From there, we jumped to the cube buttons and placed down the cubes, not using the ceiling buttons whatsoever.

What was the intended solution for this last part? Or were the rotating platforms glitching, causing the platforms to line up incorrectly and making it unsolvable?

Aside from that: 5 out of 5, we can't wait for your next installment! :thumbup:
Calculator
Defective Turret

Postby Dom44 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Wow, this was really hard, but we FINISHED IT. There are few things; at first the design was missing sense in some places, like that you enter destroyed chamber after finishing clean one, or that in destroyed chamber are small parts clean, that's just non-sense. About the ending it was really great idea, hard but possible, I'm not sure if we solved everything intended there, also when was that part when you have portalable ceilings above faithplates and two buttons on the ceiling, we had problems with aiming to the portal when we went onto faith plate, many times happened that we didn't go through and lasers killed us because of that, but otherwise it was good- especially the disco at the end, only thing that disco was pretty laggy, I guess the lights were causing that. About the puzzles overall, they were quite hard for us, and we solved many things in unintended ways, but it was still enjoyable and doable though.

Overall great mappack, but you should take a look at those things I've mentioned. Thanks for creating!
Dom44
Community Contributor

Postby josepezdj » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:47 am

My God Jepp, Markiu and I were playing yesterday and reached to the second puzzle of Part 3 and we both thought at the same time: "The best coop map so far...". Congratulations dude! Thank you for creating such clever puzzles! :notworthy: We finished each puzzle so excited that everytime we had to comment things like: "amazing!", "impressive puzzle", "dude, that was awesome!"

Wow... and we haven't even finished the whole thing!!! I know you was kind of unhappy, maybe because of the disqualification? REALLY?? C'mon dude, I want to cheer you up!!! to me you have won! :thumbup:

Maybe when we finish it all, I'll say Markiu to reply it and record the solutions... but I won't promise anything... hehe (I'm quite busy atm)

10/5 from me!!
ImageImageImageImageImage
useful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup: |
ImageImageImageImageImage
josepezdj
Olympian and/or War Hero

Postby Jepp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Thanks for the feedback Dom44, I'm aware of some issues in the pack but I neither have time nor drive to do anything about it as for now.

@jose
I'm glad you enjoyed it so greatly! I guess you're mostly referring to the puzzles because personally I don't feel anything close to finished with the detailing and atmosphere, it's very bad at certain places and the chambers are badly chopped together without any interesting non-chamber areas to explore. I had a lot of ideas that I wanted to add to this, storyline, scenes etc and I feel a bit ashamed for just throwing in pretty halfarsed GlaDOS-lines witch barely fit, world portal chambertransisions etc. I guess I just wanted everything mapping related out of my life but I shall map again sometime and when I do I'll do it properly, promise.

Thanks for taking time commenting!
Jepp
Community Contributor

Postby KennKong » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:12 am

Redunzl and I have played this before, and the workshop version had the same see-through walls that we gave screenshots of a long time ago. What texture are we missing?

I don't recall the last time we played this well enough to comment on any changes or fixes you may have made in the interim. It certainly seemed easier the second time through!

Despite the visual glitch, the truly cooperative nature of the puzzles gives this a solid 5 from us.
Expand for my full signature |
My YouTube Channel: Please subscribe!
My Steam Workshop Check out my collections for some good maps
Basic Mod for playing .vpk files Needs to be updated for dlc2, but still works
KennKong
Community Contributor

Postby macko68 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:25 pm

I haven`t played for several months and picked that one as a return to the game. My selection went for the mapper that created a marvel in map called 10 reasons for reasoning. It turned out that it was excellent choice and I`m hungry for more of such finnesse maps :)

For me the most important are quality puzzles and oh boy this mappack do not dissapoint. It`s not as hardcore as Complexo or Four rooms but it`s challenging and yet very satisfying. There is couple of new mechanics I didn`t see before. The lightbridge puzzle in 3 part is just awesome. To my suprise also the synchros are not that irritaiting as in other maps. Part 4 is also very fresh with thinking under stress.

Visuals play for me second role but decay theme is very solid.

All in all together with zakrzew87 we had a great time.

This is in my top 3 coop maps. In my personal rating 10/10. Kudos to you Jepp. Amazing work. Definitely community spotlight
macko68
Not Even A Full Time Employee

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Return to Community Releases