[SP] Sp_eco_leaf And Sp_eco_leaf_advanced

[SP] Sp_eco_leaf And Sp_eco_leaf_advanced

Postby Another Bad Pun » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:19 pm

Hey guys, after two months anticipation, I am finally releasing Eco Leaf Advanced! Eco Leaf Advanced is designed to challenge players' minds with innovative problem solving and clever thinking. Hopefully I have succeeded in doing so. It would have been released alot sooner if it weren't for a bizzare compiling error and another project I'm working on...

The Standard Eco Leaf map is also included, and in all, has had significant atmospheric and detailing changes. (yay moving plants!)

Screenshots!

[url=http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983217546/screenshot/577805776717989097?tab=public]Screenshot 1[/url]

[url=tp://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983217546/screenshot/577805776717990243/?tab=public]Screenshot 2[/url]

[url=http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983217546/screenshot/577805776717990887/?tab=public]Screenshot 3![/url]

Portal2two was kind enough to make a video walkthrough of the advanced version! If you get stuck or want to see the solution, watch it! :thumbsup:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XapGj6wtI5k&feature=player_embedded#!]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XapGj6wtI5k&feature=player_embedded#![/url]

File Name: sp_eco_leaf_final.zip
File Size: 18.61 MiB
Click here to download Sp_eco_leaf And Sp_eco_leaf_advanced
Last edited by Another Bad Pun on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Another Bad Pun
Community Contributor

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Re: [SP] Sp_eco_leaf And Sp_eco_leaf_advanced

Postby meb9000 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:12 pm

I'm having some trouble with the 3rd chamber with the gravity funnel. I've got it going, but I can't figure out how to keep the switch on and also cross the gap across the death field. I think I need to get speed gel on the top of the room in the middle of the chamber, but I can't figure out how to get it up there with the gravity funnel...
meb9000
I was told I would get $60 if I posted on the forum

Postby NuclearDuckie » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:59 am

meb9000 wrote:
I'm having some trouble with the 3rd chamber with the gravity funnel. I've got it going, but I can't figure out how to keep the switch on and also cross the gap across the death field. I think I need to get speed gel on the top of the room in the middle of the chamber, but I can't figure out how to get it up there with the gravity funnel...
You may notice a small switch on top of the room in the middle.

I can't tell if this map was particularly harder than the original when I first played it. Some of the solutions were more fun to figure out though (such as the blue gel section).

I noted a few glitches in the first chamber to do with the cube dispenser; it seems it is set to automatically spawn a new cube when the original is destroyed; however there is a button next to it which can also do this. If you respawn a cube whilst the original is still dropping, it can end up getting stuck inside, or halfway through the opening.
NuclearDuckie
Mantisman

Postby Szieve » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:58 am

Blue gel... Clever.. :) 3rd room took me a while to figure out how to move the red gel around.. that was fun.. stuck in 4th room now..
Szieve
Mantisman

Postby Szieve » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:33 am

Ok, in laser room now... Have 4 check marks by door but not opening.. still a blue x but doesn't lead anywhere... Hint? Never mind.. clever solution.. :) :thumbup: 5/5
Szieve
Mantisman

Postby Another Bad Pun » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks for the support guys! I've taken note about the cube dispenser. While the normal verion is the final version, (I won't change anything in it unless something major happens,) the Advanced version is still open for change. If anyone has any suggestions or gamplay videos, it would help me find any alternate or unintended solutions. (Or just something that dosen't look right.)Thanks again guys! :thumbup:
Another Bad Pun
Community Contributor

Postby AndrewMarsh » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:47 am

Just finished sp_eco_leaf. Really enjoyed the map and there were lots of aha moments. My favourite being getting the red gel on top of the relaxation room. I think I finished most of the puzzles using the intended solution, except for in the first room.I activated the laser catcher by hitting it from the side and behind it, using a reflection cube in the little alcove next to the door. Additionally in the laser room I got stuck for a while before realising that the button activated the indicator with no indicator lights going from it on the door. The map looked very good although the door frames were often not perfectly built allowing you to see the interior. All in all very enjoyable map. I'm now going to try the challenge version and will review that.
AndrewMarsh
i dont know what brush is but i herd it alot

Postby InvisiblePanda » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks for the map :thumbup:

Strange, but I spent more time playing the old Eco_Leaf version, even though that I have passed it a month ago :wink:

There is a faster way to turn the funnel on
|
maps > 1 > 2 > 3 > ...
InvisiblePanda
Community Contributor

Postby Another Bad Pun » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:34 pm

InvisiblePanda wrote:
Thanks for the map :thumbup:

Strange, but I spent more time playing the old Eco_Leaf version, even though that I have passed it a month ago :wink:

There is a faster way to turn the funnel on
|

AndrewMarsh wrote:
I activated the laser catcher by hitting it from the side and behind it, using a reflection cube in the little alcove next to the door.

!facepalm

Back to the old drawing board!
Another Bad Pun
Community Contributor

Postby Skerik » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:16 pm

NuclearDuckie wrote:
meb9000 wrote:
You may notice a small switch on top of the room in the middle.

Which small button?
I see one on the top for turning off the red lasers, one which give a cube, and another one to activate the funnel.
I do not see more buttons.
Skerik
Not Even A Full Time Employee

Leaf!

Postby SiaCreations » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:37 pm

The map is really good. I really liked the red gel in funnel (second?) chamber!

In both versions there is a small 'geometry' mistake in the last hallway, just before the exit elevator. Part of the ceiling there fights for domination with a 'lightcover' :)

And here's something I've done in the advanced version, not sure if it's intended... Only by few 'pixels' but happened - both beam catchers can be activated this way.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/oopsk.jpg
SiaCreations
I was told I would get $60 if I posted on the forum

Re: Leaf!

Postby Another Bad Pun » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:01 pm

SiaCreations wrote:
The map is really good. I really liked the red gel in funnel (second?) chamber!

In both versions there is a small 'geometry' mistake in the last hallway, just before the exit elevator. Part of the ceiling there fights for domination with a 'lightcover' :)

Thank you! :) The lightcover bug has puzzled me for a while: The ceiling part isn't in Hammer: but somehow formed in compile. I guess I could remove the final light in the hallway, but that would make it too dark...
Another Bad Pun
Community Contributor

Postby xdiesp » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 pm

The train part of old Eco Leaf is one memorable puzzle, even as oblivion claims the rest of the map (size of a small campaign). Some highs and lows considered, looking back now it was probably one of the golden average tier.

So I tried the new advanced version, expecting familiar surroundings with a devilish spin, but everything looked pretty much the same - to sum it up: pokemon-style, it's Eco Leaf Water and an Eco Leaf Turrets. Equal imo, I wonder if there couldn't be a better solution than splitting the changes in two (activable hard mode?).
the hills are alive... with the sound of music
xdiesp
Community Contributor

Postby NuclearDuckie » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Skerik wrote:
Which small button?
I see one on the top for turning off the red lasers, one which give a cube, and another one to activate the funnel.
Ah, I thought you were having a different problem. Yes, you do need to get the speed gel on top. It requires a fair bit of funnel redirection though.
NuclearDuckie
Mantisman

Postby Skerik » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:10 am

NuclearDuckie wrote:
Skerik wrote:
Which small button?
Ah, I thought you were having a different problem. Yes, you do need to get the speed gel on top. It requires a fair bit of funnel redirection though.

That's what i was thinking! I'm still searching :)

Edit: ok i manage to do that.
Skerik
Not Even A Full Time Employee

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Next

Return to Community Releases