[SP] Reconstruction: Part 1

[SP] Reconstruction: Part 1

Postby LoneWolf2056 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:35 pm

Easy/ Medium Difficulty
Continuing where the Dilapidation series ended, after having awoke GLaDOS, escape may not be so easy as she begins rebuilding the facility

Thanks to Lpfreaky90 and Mevious for Testing
Death Fizzler created by Lpfreaky90

Click here to download Reconstruction: Part 1
LoneWolf2056
Community Contributor

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Re: [SP] Reconstruction: Part 1

Postby TheTobbell » Mon May 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Wow great! :D
5/5

But, One time, When you enter the last Room, who are on the right Panels who are going normal and Down, One Time they move without they brush. (Happened only once)
And the Piston at the End, hovers (only one time again) above his pillar
(Ouh i dont really know these words in English xD)

But Its'a great Map ^^ And i see you like Panels :D Me Too.

Waiting for the next Part :mrgreen:
Last edited by TheTobbell on Tue May 28, 2013 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheTobbell
Prime. From Earth One.

Postby quatrus » Mon May 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Another outstanding mapping effort. Well done. Great atmosphere and great puzzle...Looking forward to the next episode... thanks for creating.
quatrus
Community Contributor

Postby j0b0rg » Tue May 28, 2013 2:05 pm

What can I say. What what Portal 2 be without you these days. Can't wait for your next map and I really hope you still got a lot of things on your mind! :) rated 10/5!
j0b0rg
Defective Turret

Postby LoneWolf2056 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked it, :notworthy: Hopefully will be bigger and better than Dilapidation, ive tried to take in to account as much of the feedback from it as possible so I know what kinda stuff to avoid this time :lol:

TheTobbell wrote:

But, One time, When you enter the last Room, who are on the right Panels who are going normal and Down, One Time they move without they brush. (Happened only once)
And the Piston at the End, hovers (only one time again) above his pillar

Waiting for the next Part :mrgreen:

Sometimes panels are glitchy and there is nothing you can do, I'm already using separate relays for the panels with cancel pending and reverse animation rather than swapping an open and close animation and there is still the rare chance it can mess up, the piston lift that glitched is a valve instance :lol:
LoneWolf2056
Community Contributor

Postby TheTobbell » Tue May 28, 2013 3:47 pm

LoneWolf2056 wrote:
the piston lift that glitched is a valve instance :lol:

Oh ok :D
TheTobbell
Prime. From Earth One.

Postby RectorRocks » Wed May 29, 2013 6:50 am

Awesome map! Puzzles were pretty challenging :)
Here's my (sped-up) blindrun: [Too laggy :P]

Tell me if there are any unintended solutions!

5/5. Excellent.
Thanks for mapping! :thumbup:
Cheers! :)
You shouldn't cry into bread.
RectorRocks
Chariots Chariots

Postby LoneWolf2056 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:32 am

Thanks for the playthrough, lol crazy panel wanted to eat that tasty laser cube :lol: (need to add a trigger that detects physics objects and make it play the TF2 heavy's ohm nom nom sound :p)

Its not unintended, its a slightly different order at the end but essentially the same xD
LoneWolf2056
Community Contributor

Postby sicklebrick » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:01 pm

Oh for goodness sake...I got the puzzles quite quickly, but the visuals... the bloody visuals.
Its that patience, and flare for filling a room so beautifully with dilapidated broken crap that just fills me with jealousy and makes me never wanna go near hammer again. I don't need to tell you how good this looks...
*backpat* :)
sicklebrick
Community Contributor

Postby LoneWolf2056 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:32 am

Well visuals aren't everything :p Thanks though :lol: :notworthy: Really appreciate all the feedback I can get :thumbup:
LoneWolf2056
Community Contributor

Postby josepezdj » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:27 am

WOW... this was just AWESOME! I hadn't got much time to play it before this weekend, and, apart from the beautiful destruction always amazing, I just LOVED the puzzles Stephen! really smart! First chamber took me while 'cause I somehow always thought I had to use my portals to mediate with the laser beam, and thought I should shoot a second portal from the exit area... and all this made me experiment a lot with the angles >.< to finally discover that it was not possible at all and also some "extra hidden clip?":

|

I loved the sencond chamber specially because of the way you used panels as puzzle elements. I found it very creative and interesting. Really challenging this one too. Both chambers were the perfect size and puzzles were incredibly clever for such a chambers size! Good job, my friend!

10/5 to me :D

Oh, as I told you in steam, you can use the transistor (or whatever this is) from the easter egg to stop the laser beam, although I don't know if this can lead to an unintended solution:

|

Thanks for creating! Looking forward to Reconstruction II ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
useful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup: |
josepezdj
Olympian and/or War Hero

Postby LoneWolf2056 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:27 am

Thanks Jose, no there isnt a clip there must be something to do with the dynamic model of the fizzler or something :/

You can use the computer case to finish the puzzle, its a bit annoying, probably easier to solve it the normal way :lol:
LoneWolf2056
Community Contributor

Postby wobwoy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:58 am

hi from turkey. how can i download this map ? i don't have a steam. i try to download it from here but it links to me steam page so i can't access reconstruction maps. can you help me about this ?
wobwoy
i dont know what brush is but i herd it alot

Postby josepezdj » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:29 am

@wobwoy: This map is made for Portal2, and you need a legal copy of the game to play the map. A legal copy of the game will force you to create a Steam account and to install and play the game through Steam...
useful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup: |
josepezdj
Olympian and/or War Hero

Postby joric » Wed May 23, 2018 12:18 am

wobwoy wrote:
hi from turkey. how can i download this map ? i don't have a steam. i try to download it from here but it links to me steam page so i can't access reconstruction maps. can you help me about this ?

You can download maps using http://steamworkshopdownloader.com there's even a userscript that adds download button to the site. Then you can write a bat file that copies that map and launches portal (copy %1 portal2/maps && portal2.exe +map %~nx1), associate it with bsp files and run them with a single click, so the whole thing would be actually much faster and more convenient than steam (see my portal2_bsp_launcher.bat).

This particular map is pure 5/5, both its chambers, very well designed and thought through, cudos to lonewolf.
joric
Defective Turret

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Return to Community Releases