Ben and August’s Extended Editor (BEEMOD) & BEE2

Re: Ben and August’s Extended Editor (BEEMOD) & BEE2

Postby TeamSpen210 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:36 pm

Hopefully it should be easier with the new system to add an item. I might make a program to let you edit packages in a GUI-style format, but the thing is that the editoritems file is quite important and can't just be automatically generated. Every item is different, and what you set there can greatly affect how the instances are used. As an example, This folder is the package for the floor and pedestal buttons in clean style.
TeamSpen210
Community Contributor

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Postby kyleprotecX » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:38 pm

TeamSpen210 wrote:
Hopefully it should be easier with the new system to add an item. I might make a program to let you edit packages in a GUI-style format, but the thing is that the editoritems file is quite important and can't just be automatically generated. Every item is different, and what you set there can greatly affect how the instances are used. As an example, This folder is the package for the floor and pedestal buttons in clean style.

Hmm... Thanks :)
I am currently working on a Portal 2 Map series 'Testing for life'

Check out my Steam Workshop Here
kyleprotecX
Mantisman

Postby Lime » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Don't know if this is the right place but I'm having problems with dual pairs of autoportals.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119 ... 802%29.mp4

I want the two pairs of autoportals placed where they are. And still be able to shoot out of my portalgun without affecting them. As you see one of the pairs behave as I'd expect. But the other pair gets malplaced or disappear. Is this solvable?
Lime
I was told I would get $60 if I posted on the forum

Postby TeamSpen210 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:39 pm

Autoportals always act weirdly if used with multiple active of the same colour, or when the player can shoot the same-colour portal. The new BEE2.4 items will help fix some of these bugs. I'll probably add a "channel" timer option on the items to explicitly allow having more than one pair of autoportals active at once.
TeamSpen210
Community Contributor

Postby Lime » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Oh I'm currently using 2.5 if I'm not mistaken. You recommend me to go back to 2.4?
Lime

Postby TeamSpen210 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:32 pm

No, the new version of the BEE2, rewritten in Python. It's not released yet.
TeamSpen210
Community Contributor

Postby Lime » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:07 pm

I apologize if I seem slow. I'm not a regular and I get confused with the versions.

ok so there's a new version of BEE2 (rewritten in Python) to be released at some point. The name of that is Bee2.4.

I got my Bee2 from here: BEE2
The newest here seems to be BEE2 Alpha .2.5.But you can also download Alpha .2.4 if you want to. But the BEE2.4 you speak of isn't released yet.

Am I even downloading my BEE2 from the right place? Is there a BEE2.3 that I should be using instead of the Alpha .2.5? Sorry, I must sound very dumb. But I just had to ask in case I'm using the wrong version.
Lime

Postby TeamSpen210 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:23 pm

The Bee2.5 is the latest version. You might want to get my addons pack as well (see sig), since it includes a few fixes for some items and a lot of new ones.
TeamSpen210
Community Contributor

Postby Lime » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:40 am

Ok tnx :)
Lime

Postby BenVlodgi » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:07 pm

The current release is BEE2 Version 2.5 also known as the BEE2.2.5
ImageImageImage

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps
BenVlodgi
Senior Stalemate Associate

Postby Theepiccake1993 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:03 pm

Both of the download sources for the TeamSpen items (BEE2 download and the download link on the site for the addon) don't give me all of the items, resulting in this error:
http://imgur.com/OQy8Nwj

Oddly enough, the styles that it broke and items that were lost used to work just fine before I was forced to reinstall Portal 2 after a completely unrelated error. Then, after the reinstall was done, I installed BEE2 and the TS items were missing and TS styles broken. Were they broken by an update?

(sorry for massive bump)
On 8/3/2015, my account reawakened for the first time since 2/26/2013. It's been a long time... How have you been, forums? I've been pretty busy forgetting my password, you know, after I forgot to write it down! R.I.P. Old Signature... 12/31/2012 - 8/3/2015
5/30/2017: OH LOOK I REMEMBERED I HAD THIS ACCOUNT
Theepiccake1993
Defective Turret

Postby TeamSpen210 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:55 am

The selection models aren't actually too important, which is why quite a lot of models don't have one. The default model works fine for most models. Did you run the stylechanger exe?

I just realised that I never mentioned it here... there's a total rewrite of the BEE2 I've been working on. It's still a WIP (90% of my items haven't been reimplemented yet), but it has a lot of very powerful features.
TeamSpen210
Community Contributor

Postby Theepiccake1993 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:20 pm

TeamSpen210 wrote:
The selection models aren't actually too important, which is why quite a lot of models don't have one. The default model works fine for most models. Did you run the stylechanger exe?

I just realised that I never mentioned it here... there's a total rewrite of the BEE2 I've been working on. It's still a WIP (90% of my items haven't been reimplemented yet), but it has a lot of very powerful features.

OMG thanks! I ran stylechanger.exe (99% of the time, I forget to do that) and it works now!
On 8/3/2015, my account reawakened for the first time since 2/26/2013. It's been a long time... How have you been, forums? I've been pretty busy forgetting my password, you know, after I forgot to write it down! R.I.P. Old Signature... 12/31/2012 - 8/3/2015
5/30/2017: OH LOOK I REMEMBERED I HAD THIS ACCOUNT
Theepiccake1993
Defective Turret

Re: Bens Extended Editor mod (BEEMOD)

Postby thad4002 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:41 pm

BenVlodgi wrote:
facepalm... if its going to work on Linux its going to work on mac. I dont want to abandon them, but I havent heard of the BEEMOD working on macs, and I dont have one to test on. The BEE2 is being developed in C# which is primarily just for windows.

cant you make BEEMOD for Linux?
thad4002
i dont know what brush is but i herd it alot

Re: Bens Extended Editor mod (BEEMOD)

Postby BenVlodgi » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:55 pm

thad4002 wrote:
cant you make BEEMOD for Linux?
BEEMOD1.5 works on mac, windows and linux.
ImageImageImage

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps
BenVlodgi
Senior Stalemate Associate

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Previous

Return to Puzzle Creator and Workshop