[SP] The Ledge  

Uploaded Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:13 am by neco

Description

Version 1.8:
For some reason the RAR-file was suddenly corrupt and only contained part3.
While at it I have also fixed an issue with an unintentionally portable texture. Thanks Tyri!!!

Version 1.7:
- All parts overhauled. Many thanks to Domathan,zivi7, sicklebrick, Shakky, josepezdj and KengKong for pointing out the issues and exploits.
There are still some ninja solutions left which I either found creative enough to leave as is, or weren’t able to fix without rearranging the whole map.

Finally found the time to fix the major issues in 274, 275 and 276.
Haven't fixed the minor exploits that allow ninja solutions in 272 and 273, yet.

Fifth version: sp_the_ledge_v5.rar

- Still trying to fix the same issue in 274

- Hopefully the last fix for test chamber 274. Again, thanks El Farmarino!

Third version: sp_the_ledge_v3.rar

- Again fixed an exploit which still allowed to skip an puzzle element. Thanks a lot El Farmarino!
- Apropos alternative solutions, I decided to go with TaiMai’s alternative for solving 276. I think it’s far better than my initial intended way. Thank you Micah!

First of all I have to apologise: These maps are very demanding on the computer hardware.

They run smoothly at 1920X1080 with 60fps showing only some minor frame drops at certain areas on an Intel Core i7 2600/2500 K 3.4 GHz computer with 8 GB DDR3 RAM | Gainward GeForce GTX 570 Phantom and ASUS EAH6850.
Does not run even with medium settings on an: AMD FX 4100 / 3.6 GHz | 8 GB RAM | ASUS HD 6770.
Although the custom materials are embedded using Pakrat, I have also added the materials folder in the RAR-file; just in case somebody experiences problems (especially when recording dem-files) extract/copy the folder to your materials path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\portal 2\portal2\materials

Feel free to use any of the custom materials/textures/signage as you like.

Should appreciate it very much if you could play the maps in successive order:
- Part I: “This Way Up!”
- Part II: “The Ledge”
- Part III: “Ups & Downs”
- Part III: “What Comes First?”
Each following map will be automatically loaded at level end. Hope you’ll enjoy playing.
Many thanks to josepezdj and MaiTai for all the help and support!

Details

• View Topic
    4.18 / 5 (22 votes)
    Sat May 12, 2012 11:42 am by neco
    Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:45 pm

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Jump to:  

Search the Forums

User Menu

Register
Login