[SP] Asbestos is harmless!

Uploaded July 16, 2011 by Metafrank

Description

This is my first map release ever using the Source Engine. Basically it's the result of me trying to get to know the Hammer editor with as many facettes as possible. Why the name? "Asbestos is harmless!" is the marketing slogan for the Aperture Science Excursion Funnels, which this map uses in various ways. General gameplay (Let's say 2 1/2 chambers, while learning wtf Hammer Editor is about in general) was done pretty fast. After that, I fooled around from time to time, resulting in scripted "little stories" that I think make the map come alive. And in explosions, because those make everything better. ## Ver1.1 Changes ## - Adjusted the positions of the cube buttons in room one - Added Indicator lights for the excursion funnels in room one - Made the grid in the sphere room more transparent for better visibility - Learned wtf a func_detail in the editor is and put that knowledge to use excessively (performance improved) - Added a few minor graphical details - Fixed visual glitches caused by my previously flawed usage of area portals ## Ver1.2 Changes ## - Hopefully fixed some physics/script-related problems some people experienced - Fixed a brush that blocked players when it wasn't supposed to - Fixed a brush that didn't block stuff when it was supposed to (x_X) - Players with sv_cheats turned on now also die when they're supposed to - Even more func_detail goodness ## Ver1.3 Changes ## The Map is 25MB smaller now. Guys, if you use a new engine, don't be like me and learn how to optimize your levels first. ## Ver1.4 Changes ## - Improved the behavior of some clipping brushes - Improved the looks of the pillars at the last test - Improved visibility of the fizzlers in the sphere room - Minor optical details added - Minor optimization ## Ver1.5 Changes ## - Minor texture and lighting improvements - Updated the lightbridge in the first room to behave more intuitively - Workshop compatibility