[SP] Heavens Gate

[SP] Heavens Gate

Postby marKiu » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:25 am

This is a big map including three chambers. Its my second mapping attempt and i wanted to try something diffrent. So dont expect a typical Portal2 map.
The difficulty should be medium - hard and the intended solution is controller friendly.
I dont want to spoil anything more. Hope you like it and your feedback is welcome.

v1.1 now you start without a portalgun and some graphic bugs are fixed.
v1.2 fixed a display bug for the numbers of room2
v1.3 fixed an unintended solution
v1.4 fixed multiple issues

File Name: sp_heavens_gate_v1.4.rar
File Size: 12.08 MiB
[SP] Heavens Gate
Last edited by marKiu on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:54 am, edited 12 times in total.
marKiu
Community Contributor

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Re: [SP] Heavens Gate

Postby josepezdj » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:53 am

WOW marKiu! This looks simply awesome! It also looks terribly difficult!

A good challenge for this evenning!

Downloaded... Let's try it later...
ImageImageImageImageImage
useful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup: |
ImageImageImageImageImage
josepezdj
Olympian and/or War Hero

Postby Szieve » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:18 am

Very nice... So far solved room 1... in room 2. Know what I'm supposed to do, just need to wrap my brain around the puzzle a bit more.. clever stuff. Looks great so far. :) one little bug I noticed.. 3rd part of room 2 the glass seems to disappear between part 2 & 3. still there just turns completely invisible.
Szieve
Mantisman

Postby Ruien » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:03 am

Hmm, for some reason on my machine I start with the portal gun. I then solved the first room, and I found a portal gun - so I assume that I shouldn't be starting with one. Is this correct?

The map itself looks really great, and there's some very interesting puzzle design here!
Portal 2 Engineer - A map designed to make you think.
Ruien
Mantisman

Postby marKiu » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:19 am

@josepezdj: thanks man hope u will enjoy it.

@szieve: nice thanks... glad that u like it. ill check that bug with the glass window later because this map take forever to compile.

@ruien: ahhh :( i deleted the elevator because i couldnt get it to work that u start without a portalgun... now u spawn just with the info_player_start entity. i guess the error must be on your side. IF ANYONE ENCOUTERS THIS BUG TOO PLEASE LET ME KNOW! anyways you should have some ugly errors because multiple visible worldportals dont work with normal portals. maybe you try to solve it again without the portalgun. im happy that u like the design.
thanks for your feedback guys.
My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-
marKiu
Community Contributor

Postby Fluppy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:31 am

marKiu wrote:
i deleted the elevator because i couldnt get it to work that u start without a portalgun...

You can use trigger_weapon_strip :wink:

I will try this map later.
~(o)~~/o\~ A Trusted Friend in Science
My workshop
How to control other people |
LOL, I've just forced you to click on the 'SHOW' button! Now click here: http://soundcloud.com/vojtasiman/
Fluppy
Community Contributor

Postby andyb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:04 am

My head hurts
andyb
Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor consulta el manual.

Postby Ruien » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:27 am

andyb wrote:
My head hurts

Are you working on door 3 too? I've tried every combination of the 1 and 2 patterns I can think of. Seems it has to be 4 or 5 buttons and that rules out a lot of combinations (like list concatenation).
Portal 2 Engineer - A map designed to make you think.
Ruien
Mantisman

Postby zivi7 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:20 pm

I haven't solved anything yet, I'm just posting to say that I also had the bug with the portal gun.
zivi7
Community Contributor

Postby andyb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Ruien wrote:
andyb wrote:
My head hurts

Are you working on door 3 too? I've tried every combination of the 1 and 2 patterns I can think of. Seems it has to be 4 or 5 buttons and that rules out a lot of combinations (like list concatenation).

No I'm on 2 lol.I got dizzy from 1 lol so I'm taking a break and playing something easy.Portal pro
andyb
Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor consulta el manual.

Postby Senf » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:44 pm

Well, room 1 is weird. Solved it somehow, but don't ask me how. That may be, because I don't like funnels at all.
Room 2 is just awesome. Kept me thinking for over 30 minutes; and I solved it. :D
Room 3, well, I study math, but it seems like I'm too stupid to solve 1+2. :o

Edit: Waah, wasn't too stupid to solve 1+2. I was simply too stupid to do it right. Room 3 looks fun, but my head needs some rest first. :snooze:
Last edited by Senf on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senf
Defective Turret

Postby Jacu » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:07 pm

I also started with portal gun

Anyway,map looks great, can't wait to try it

EDIT
Room 1: did it somehow too, don't know how
Room 2 was really easy for me, did it at first try
Room 3 looks interesting, but not so hard, gotta try it later
Last edited by Jacu on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jacu
Not Even A Full Time Employee

Postby zivi7 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Uh, still stuck in room 1. Anyone who didn't solve it "by accident" and could give me a small hint?
zivi7
Community Contributor

Postby silic » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:17 pm

So far mindblown...

Few pointers (from me at least)

i also started with a portal gun, but i have chosen not to use it so far as i read its a glitch, so its perfectly possible so far to complete this up to being given a portal gun, without it.

By the way, its the "sp_" part of your map name which is spawning the portal gun. Its not written into the portal2 code to add the portal gun on every "sp_mapname" map. Like has already been said, add a weapon strip onto the map, or just remove the sp from infront of the name, and have it just "heavens_gate" for instance.

One issue i have had so far:

DO NOT LOOK AT THIS IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW STUFF |
Right to start with i fairly quickly noticed the michael jackson style thing you have going (i like the concept btw) However, on the wall i read the number (which i guessed would open the door) to be 1, 5, 4. i spent the next hour thinking that it was a sequential thing, and placing each cube on 1, then 5, then 4. and whenever i saw the wrong light light up, i would restart the map.. wasnt until i thought, maybe it means 10 (1+5+4) or there was meant to be a gap i realised to open the first door was to use 15 and 4.... yea, dont give me 3 cubes and only expect me to use 2 on the first puzzle! Damn you lol

But yea, thats my only hate of this map so far (i am stuck in the first of the puzzle rooms now) Making the way to get into the room a little clearer than it is already (just that 154 can mean anything, spaces would have been nice lol)

Apart from that, brilliant map so far.. think its going to take me a while to figure out this one :) enjoying it tho!
Released content
Withdrawal Symptoms - V2.0.3 (community round-up // 1500 downloads)
Your choice - V2.0 (community round-up // 1000 downloads)
Too Many Variables - V1.0

Work in progress
Project Upgrade
silic
Community Contributor

Postby Jacu » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Just solved it. I enjoyed this map, but speaking truly I expected something harder ( 2 and 3 was too easy for me). Password for each chamber was great idea, I also like how you designed this map :D
There are some bugs, glass in 2nd room sometimes becomes invisible, also you can shoot portal like that:Image

4/5

Btw I found another way to cheat a little in Chronologic ^^
Jacu
Not Even A Full Time Employee

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Next

Return to Community Releases