Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hammer Tutorial - Advanced Workshop integration for Portal 2

Page 1 of 2Next

So, I made another tutorial. This is an advanced tutorial, but its kinda easier to implement on most maps. This one should give players a lot more freedom with their hammer maps when they uploaded them to the workshop.

This video will also be easier for the people who want to upload their hammer maps, as it involves less modifying the map for hammer.

NWw-iisHVj8

Hope this helps you guys!

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com

More helpful than the last one for me :). A few questions:

A. If I want to decide by myself what the lightboard shows(for example, I want 25 chambers with enlarging numbers from 1 to 25), where do I do that? Is it still sp_lightboard_icons.txt?

B. Do I really need the pti_global_ents in every map?

C. Wouldn't it be theoratically possible to play Cave Johnson lines via ambient_generics?

The Aperture Alpha
A map pack coming soon. - click for more information
Brainstone wrote:
More helpful than the last one for me :). A few questions:

A. If I want to decide by myself what the lightboard shows(for example, I want 25 chambers with enlarging numbers from 1 to 25), where do I do that? Is it still sp_lightboard_icons.txt?

B. Do I really need the pti_global_ents in every map?

C. Wouldn't it be theoratically possible to play Cave Johnson lines via ambient_generics?

A, I dont think so. You would have to make your own like you would without the editor.

B, yes, or it won't accept the map when you try to upload it.

C, yes it is, but it wont change or depend on the player's progress.

Motanum's Website

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com

Great tutorial!
(Probably a stupid) Question: Does the workshop accept coop maps? :)

Jepp wrote:
Great tutorial!
(Probably a stupid) Question: Does the workshop accept coop maps? :)

No, it will tell you no co-op maps.

Motanum's Website

On the workshop page, there is no option to add a map or to delete.
And the p2map_publish.exe is broken since the beginning of the beta, always gives error: "Steam Cloud does not appear to be available!", so can't upload any custom map (the map is valid, insterted the new instance etc)

-= Check out my maps: workshop, and their .vmf sources: homepage =-

Right... basically none of this works for me. I made an exit as per your first tutorial, but the door doesn't open on my trigger (despite it showing as blue in the Outputs tab), and even if I no clip into the exit tunnel part absolutely nothing happens (doesn't transition to the exit elevator either). Ditto for the Cave Jonhson lines - all of my outputs seem correct (showing blue, exactly as per your video) but nothing. Any ideas what might be the problem? Does none of it show up until you actually publish the map?

---------------------------
My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!
El Farmerino wrote:
Right... basically none of this works for me. I made an exit as per your first tutorial, but the door doesn't open on my trigger (despite it showing as blue in the Outputs tab), and even if I no clip into the exit tunnel part absolutely nothing happens (doesn't transition to the exit elevator either). Ditto for the Cave Jonhson lines - all of my outputs seem correct (showing blue, exactly as per your video) but nothing. Any ideas what might be the problem? Does none of it show up until you actually publish the map?

Post your vmf and I can take a look at it tomorrow.

The Cave johnson line will fire if you launch it FROM the queue.

Motanum's Website

DaMaGepy wrote:
On the workshop page, there is no option to add a map or to delete.
And the p2map_publish.exe is broken since the beginning of the beta, always gives error: "Steam Cloud does not appear to be available!", so can't upload any custom map (the map is valid, insterted the new instance etc)

Nothing I can do to help you. Other people have that problem and Valve is investigating it.

The one thing you can try is to go to portal 2 properties > Updates and make sure you have steam cloud enabled.

Motanum's Website

Motanum wrote:
Post your vmf and I can take a look at it tomorrow.

Here you go:

sp_ef_doublebillwrkshp.zip

Thanks for that!

Quote:
The Cave johnson line will fire if you launch it FROM the queue.

As in, the queue in-game?

My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!
Page 1 of 2Next