Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Rate a map, post a map

Page 1 of 2Next

This was suggested over in the Puzzle Creator and Workshop section, but I thought it would make more sense here.

The idea is this: before posting a map here, you have to play through and review the previous one. Hopefully it will help new mappers get more feedback on their maps.

I would post the first puzzle, but I don't have a new one ready. I'll add one in a few days if nobody beats me to it. ;)

Let the mapping begin!

Falsi sumus crusto!

Awesome. Two questions :)

- Maps made in the default editor fine to post in this thread?

- Is there a piece of software that you experts would recommend for like capturing the video and audio of us playing through the map? (eg for spoken commentary or to watch through someone's blind run say if we wanted to stick it on youtube)

My workshop here.
Next map title: The Crystal Maze

1) Sure.
2) I've been looking for one myself, still haven't found one that works well for me.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Well, I'd like to kickstart this with a map of mine. This one's among my briefest, so hopefully it won't bog things down like some of my others would:
Glass Floors: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =139431473

For recording, I recommend OBS or Fraps. OBS is free and fraps is $37. Both are easy to use. You could also use a streaming software (Like OBS) or Xsplit and stream to Twitch and linking to highlights of playthroughs.

Big Mood

Because of all the maps I've made and never posted (minus maps)... does that mean people have to play my maps more?
;)

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

I'll try your map in the next half an hour or so now that I've completed mine, Xindaris.

I'll edit this post later with my thoughts on yours and a link to the one I just made.

Edit: OK! Only just completed yours, Xindaris (a couple of beers later and a couple of fingernails fewer!)

I don't know how you guys officially rate maps but I guess the most important things are:

Layout/aesthetics: 9/10, excellent compact use of space, no complaints at all. Some of the lights looked a tiny bit awkward but that's always going to be the case in such a small map.
Challenge: 9/10, this was tough for me, but perhaps for more experienced guys here it might be easier.
Enjoyment: 7/10, not much to criticise, all I can really say is that at times I kinda felt for a lot of it I was playing trial-and-error, maybe due to not reading the signage clearly or maybe due to the difficulty of the map itself. I think a more experienced or just fundamentally better player would love this map, so good job mate.

Here's mine:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =146992604

My workshop here.

Wow, Felix, I really think this initiative is very good! :thumbup: One question: is this intended for PTI maps only?

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

I was thinking both PTI and Hammer.

Falsi sumus crusto!

No biters on mine, is it that bad? :P
How's your new map coming along Felix?

My workshop here.
Page 1 of 2Next