Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Problems after 17/06/14 update

Page 1 of 7Next

Hello people!
I started having problems with the model browser after this update they released today (17/06).If I try opening it by the Tools menu, it opens normally, but if I try to access the browser by a prop properties, the browser window becomes white and nothing happens. Then, when I close it, the browser appears in all 4 views and I can't see my map at all. I tried closing Hammer and the SDK launcher, but it's no good, also tried verifying content, nothing.

Am I the only one having issues after this update?

Please disregard any undeserved compliments.

Steam Profile
Workshop

Nope! Same here :(

Hopefully this is fixed soon :(

This Signature is Beyond Your Range of Seeing.

Great, my entire tools set is broken. Hammer, Faceposer, Model Viewer, all of it. Won't start up.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!

I bring you Spanish problems as well :lol: I had to restart my computer 3 TIMES now (...and counting...) because Portal2 refuses to get stopped (even from the task manager >.<).

Also I tried to use the tools meanwhile P2 was active on background (and hopefully would stop and quit), and after it seemed to launch hammer.exe, nothing was rendering on my screen, no hammer editor window >.< I had to kill it with the task manager (since I couldn't see the X at the right top corner of the inexistent window!)

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Wait, I managed to fix it :D It was a bit more of a hassle for me since one of my computers has hammer installed under Program Files (x86) and the one that needed fixing was installed under Program Files, so I had to do a bunch of annoying folder creation and messing around with gameinfo.txt files, but here's the good part for all of you guys:

Since most of you run off a windows 7/8 now probably, here's a fix for hammer. Replace your Common/Portal 2/Bin/ folder with this:

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!

I can confirm this download fixed my hammer (model browser). Thanks a ton!

This Signature is Beyond Your Range of Seeing.

Same here

Level designer, 3D modeler, texture artist ,environment artist.

I wonder if they don't test their updates before release. It is by far not the first time they break up their own modding tools.

LOLOLOL.

Not broken for me.

oh my god please HELP ME

please

Same issue here :( windows 8.1 most up to date etc etc

Page 1 of 7Next