Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal2 SDK Logic multi-button map-example renaFUSED

I made this to show how to use a multi-buttons to preform more then one task and a final task with the use of logic_branch and logic_branch_listener.

P.S. This map also contains animated panels, indicator lights, and auto cube spawners all in action, Oh and it comes with the vmf file so you can see how it was all done. ;)

Enjoy -FusedCore

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S49MO1cyr78

File Name: Portal2_multbutton_mapexample_renaFUSED.rar
File Size: 104.35 KiB
Portal2 Logic multi-button map-example renaFUSED

Thats quite nice ( I have not played it yet, but I saw your video.)
so its basically using a hard light bridge and a panel to bypass a fizzler and get a cube.
nice.

flare03 wrote:
Thats quite nice ( I have not played it yet, but I saw your video.)
so its basically using a hard light bridge and a panel to bypass a fizzler and get a cube.
nice.

yep that's right :D

Thanks, FusedCore. I tried to emulate what you did but mine still isn't working. The only difference is my logic_branch is directly commanding the panels to animate.

I'm not clear on why panel animations need to be run through relays. I have at other times directly commanded panel animations through a laser catcher (in the same map, actually).

Could that be my problem? Otherwise I'm at a loss.

Winner of the Nobel Prize for Being Immune to Neurotoxin

Thanks for over 1,000 downloads: The Cold Shoulder
Marise wrote:
Thanks, FusedCore. I tried to emulate what you did but mine still isn't working. The only difference is my logic_branch is directly commanding the panels to animate.

I'm not clear on why panel animations need to be run through relays. I have at other times directly commanded panel animations through a laser catcher (in the same map, actually).

Logic_branches should really only be used to set true/false on logic_branch_listeners, and the listeners should fire the output.

Marlovious wrote:
Marise wrote:

Logic_branches should really only be used to set true/false on logic_branch_listeners, and the listeners should fire the output.

Logic_branches are in coding basically an IF statement and a listener is just a function that calls the if statement to return true or false ;)

bumped to help others.

FusedCore wrote:
bumped to help others.

Why? If someone asks about this again, link them to your example.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop