Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New Community Group

Page 1 of 2Next

Hello everyone my name is MazK. I'm a well experienced Portal map designer and I am looking to start up a team of map designers and play testers to create good, solid maps. I'm hoping with this team to create maps that are at "Valve standard".

I need around 10 people to make a solid team. I'm looking for people who are familiar with using hammer to help in the creation of maps. I am also looking for people who understand the game play mechanics of Portal 2 quite well to help come up with some interesting puzzle ideas and to play test the maps before publishing. All maps will published here on ThinkingwithPortals and also on myApertureLabs.

Anyone can join but I would prefer if they were from the UK to avoid any issues caused by members being in different time zones. Also it is recommended that you have a microphone but its not completely necessary. If this group goes ahead we will mostly be using xfire for group chats so if your interested in joining please add me on xfire "mazk19852" or my friend "darrenm94".

I hope to hear from you portal lovers soon :D

wheatleyFTW wrote:
Hello everyone my name is MazK. I'm a well experienced Portal map designer

I do not mean to be rude but, how the heck can we tell that you are experienced?

First guy tells the second guy, "My head hurts!" The second guy replied, "Stop thinking so much!" Then the first guy says, "I think that what caused my problem in the first place!" The second guy says, "Then stop banging you head against the wall!"

ImageImageVDC User Page
kwp21 pitts wrote:
wheatleyFTW wrote:
Hello everyone my name is MazK. I'm a well experienced Portal map designer

I do not mean to be rude but, how the heck can we tell that you are experienced?

Gotta agree, I have never heard of you, and unless you post some examples of your works, random people on a forum aren't going to dedicate their time to join a mapping group.

I might be interested but I live in a totally different time zone and although I think I could contribute, I'm not Valve's standards ;)

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

ya sorry I really should have posted some of work before saying Im an experienced map designer. I made quite a few maps for the original portal but only 1 so far for portal 2.

Here's a link to my map PMK 6
[SP] PMK 6

EDIT: Nevermind that was stupid. (Removed post.)

I might join, I liked PMK5 a lot. Same deal as chikenmobile; I live in a totally different time zone...

Also, I'm just good at making maps...I mapped for Portal a lot and my first portal 2 map is Eco_Leaf.

It has a fail bug at the last room, (indicator lights) but its still playable and I have a patch ready.

I played that map and I gotta say its very good in the looks, but it took me an age to figure out what to do. If you worked on the puzzle aspects it would be perfect!

Yeah, I thought your name was familiar... But why not post under your old account? Making a new one and claiming to be someone else is a little fishy, no?

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

Yeah, why two accounts? Did you forget your pass code?

Another Bad Pun wrote:
I might join, I liked PMK5 a lot. Same deal as chikenmobile; I live in a totally different time zone...

I gotta say, Space is a very different timezone.

The reason I'm not posting from my own account is because I wanted to make a second account so that any messages I might get our emails related to this topic would be sent to that account. As for the name I just couldn't think of anything good as a username lol eventually if this group goes ahead I'm going to be making another account with the name of the group to post content on this site and myApertureLabs. About the time zones, its ok if you don't live in the same time zone you can still join. If you cant meet with me online and have some good puzzle ideas just email me instead. wheatleyftw@hotmail.co.uk

Page 1 of 2Next