The Red Window

Uploaded June 5, 2011 by Barracuda

Description

My small test chamber for the mapping contest, designed in a post-Wheatley theme. My first idea for the contest was much more interesting, but also impossible, because the rules didn't allow custom scripts. So instead, I decided to simply improve the map I already was working on. I hope it's still entertaining, though I'm not sure about the difficulty, but it's surely not Nintendo Hard. No exotic game elements, just funnels, buttons and boxes. And a deadly laser field, guarded by a deadly turret. Bigger screenshot (contest1): http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/56091 ... CB7E9651E/ A quick note about the instances: I included many of Valve's original instances, because I'm using a different folder structure for easier navigation. But I also included only those instances that are actually used by this map. All content (except Valve's instances) is released as public domain, do whatever you wish to do with it. Version history: contest2: * Various small visual improvements * Added a new animation for GLaDOS on the screen * Fixed an unintended way to catch the first weighted cube * Replaced upgraded portal gun with the simple one and added a fixed portal below the funnel emitter contest1: * Initial release

Details