Fizzler Trap

Uploaded June 3, 2011 by SamW

Description

My first Portal 2 map that I have been making, so now it is entered here. Compressed as a 7z archive. This is a small single player test chamber using controllable fizzlers like the one fizzler that needed to be turned off in the coop calibration course. However controlling the fizzlers might be a little more difficult in this map. This map attempts to emulate the clean aperture look similar to the triple laser single player map. (meaning not a speck of damage or debris anywhere) Bonus instances used in and included with the map download: Cube dropper which lets you set the cube. Mashed together clean departure elevator exit base that works with both act 2 and act 4 elevator logic. This is to create the same type of elevator exit as the triple laser puzzle (clean elevator, but goes down like act 2 instead of up like act 4) Custom level transition logic that does not use sp_transition_list.nut. The think function of this script is the offending function that always gives you the potatogun. So I just ditched the script. It is only used for managing the level order of the SP campaign and isn't useful for small custom maps. Instead all the things you may want to configure are simply parameters for this instance. This should work with existing stock elevator logic. This also forces the display of a chapter title and exit text (if you don't want it delete it yourself) Final note: I think I made the light map resolution unnecessarily high. If you read down to there, Thanks.

Details