The Room (Precision, Timing, and Solving)

Uploaded May 28, 2011 by NeemaE

Description

UPDATED for competition! v2 should be a more interesting play. This intentionally awesome title gives very little away, and leaves all the surprises of THE ROOM for the player to experience. It is worth mentioning that the idea for this map came from: (1) having the player start at what looks like the end, (2) making the player navigate backwards through testchambers [which appear partially solved], and (3) having the player get to what should be the "beginning", and then solve his/her way to the end. [Thus, some portions have much activity going on, and part of the challenge is to determine which puzzle element belongs to which 'direction.'] There is an emphasis--at times, without making it too difficult--on precision and timing, but I'd like to think that The Room is as satisfying, if not more, to figure out. Note: the file that I am submitting for the competition is 'the_room_v2.rar'. The other file is the original one I had included to be playtested, which will still remain--but it is NOT my official submission. If necessary to avoid confusion, I will take it down. EDIT: I must have uploaded the new file to REPLACE the old file. For anyone interested, the old map can be found at: community-releases/the-room-t2984.html

Details