[SP] Experimental Challenge

Uploaded May 25, 2011 by kwp21 pitts

Description

This is a revamped version of my map. Along with the original vmf, and instances. Feel free to comment! Bugs? Errors? Problems? Email me or visit the forum. Note to downloders: Please don't take credit of my work Another note to open a 7z file go download 7zip from http://www.7-zip.org/ (I posted this because I recieved a couple angry messages from some people that couldn't open my file) UPDATE!! Code: Select all2.4 6/6/2011 [FIX] Fixed case where the player can skip a portion of area 1 [FIX] Fixed minor timing issues with the panels in area one [FIX] Fixed potential problem in the second area that could cause the level to be uncompletable by sticking either th cube or the sphere on the upper ledge in area 2. v2.3 6/3/2011 [FIX] Altered the mechanics to be instances (This just makes it easier to do improvements) [FIX] Minor Skybox changes [ADD] Added a few details on the panels in the first area v2.2 6/2/2011 [FIX] Fixed case where player could get stuck in the tractor beam [FIX] Improved skybox details v2.1 6/2/2011 [FIX] Fixed case where player could jam the weighted cube back into the spawner, potentially can cause the level to be uncompleteable. [FIX] Fix case where the laser could be enabled without both the cube and the sphere [FIX] Fixed skybox visuals and added fog v2.0 6/1/2011 [FIX] Fixed case where box would snag under button [FIX] Optimized map futher for cheaper use of memory [FIX] Removed an unnessary particle emitter and target [FIX] Fixed the second area catapults to prevent annoying back and forth deal, and extended space [ADD] Added further details to the level v1.9 5/31/2011 [FIX] Changed puzzle elements to further promote a challenge [FIX] Dimmed down some lights that appeared too bright [FIX] Removed some obsolete puzzle elemants that nolonger did anything [FIX] Changed some textures for athstetics [TMP] Removed music for now v1.8 5/30/2011 [FIX] Fixed some athstetic issues [FIX] Fixed some texture issues [FIX] Fixed some overlays [ADD] Added new panel effects in the first area [ADD] Added new effects to show and hide the push button in area 1 [ADD] Added sound effects to the sphere dump v1.6 5/28/2011 [FIX] Fixed all lighting in every area [FIX] Fixed potential problem with panels getting stuck in the out position [FIX] Replaced textures on the panels near the exit v1.5 5/27/2011 [FIX] Finally fixed the issue in the second area that would cause the player to be unable to exit even with all laser relays on (I personally apologise about this one) [FIX] fixed some cubmap issues with the ceiling pipe [FIX] fixed minor lighting issues v1.4 5/27/2011 [FIX] Fixed panels not lighting correctly in area one [FIX] Made major tweeks to the lighting [FIX] altered area 1 +2 textures to make the puzzle a little more challenging [ADD] Observation rooms added [ADD] security cameras added v1.3 5/26/2011 [FIX] Shortened Ramp, Detailed it, and did some minor details around it [FIX] Reduced number of overlays to free up memory [FIX] Added a new door near the exit elevator (Has an area_portal to control how much is rendered at once) [ADD] Added a third turret [ADD] Now the wall of panels in the second area are now more detailed v1.2 Contest-Release 5/24/2011 [FIX] Remove unnessary functions and actions [FIX] Changed the moving goo dropper to best fit the feel of the map [ADD] Music now plays in the chamber [ADD] Skybox now added [ADD] Detail added pre-contest updates v0.9 5/23/2011 [FIX] Fixed Lighting Between Area 1 and 2 [FIX] Added a lock fuction to prevent the button from reactivating the process cycle when it is already running [FIX] Fix checkmark indicators not appearing in the second area [ADD] New obsticles added and redesigned puzzels made [ADD] Extra panel Effects in Area 1 and 2 [ADD] Level Sign (not yet setup) v0.7 5/22/2011 [FIX] Fixed an issue that allowed players to put portals in bewteen the two areas(Fixed with Emancipation Grid). [FIx] Turrets are now more aggressive (but not too agressive) ,and will shoot at a farther range with the added ablity to push the player. [ADD] Added some more Panel Effects to the first area. [ADD] Enabled video effects in the arrival and departure elevators v0.6 5/21/2011 [FIX] Fixed textures not appearing correctly, this was from the game tring to look in the wrong directories. [FIX] Made a cube respawner near the turrets to prevent the possibility losing the cube in the slime water, causing the chamber to be impossible to complete. [FIX] Changed the floor textures in the next area to prevent players skipping some bits of the solution. [ADD] Made special "in wall" cube droppers in the second area. v0.4 WIP Release

Details