Portal 2 Pre-release/Beta Pack

Uploaded April 24, 2013 by reepblue

Description

It's finally here, after months and months of getting no where, I've got it at least started. The Portal 2 Pre-release/Beta Pack is a texture, and aesthetic pack that recreates the look and feel of Portal 2 we saw back at E3 2010 - PAX 2010. I've seen a lot of beta/pre-release maps that use the stock textures and looks and it does not do the justice! What is included? - New Metal Walls. - Shinier dirty walls. - Beta looking Observation rooms. - Portal 1 Observation Rooms. - Beta light strips. - Green Goo - Screenshot samples - Portal 1 Button Switch - Vscripts that swap out the Portal 2 turret and Portal 2 Button switch to the Portal 1 version. - 2 Example maps by Kyo and Me. - Whirls for the Portals. (Need VPK override) - Different glass texture for the Portal Door. (Need VPK override) (NOTE: I still need someone to find a way to get the sick figure to show on the portal door. He is in the model itself, but the glass texture needs to only show him.) Q & A Q: Why did you do this? There is a reason why Valve changed stuff. A: Because I'm one of those people who love what Valve does not release a tad more on what they do end up shipping. I'm sure there are mappers who feel the same way. Q: Is this an override? A: No, it's separate. All the textures are under the folder "betapack". To ship your map, just pakrat (or include) that folder, and the models and material/models folders included. Q: Does it include instances? A: Yes Q: Does it include the vmf of the sample maps? A: No Q: Can I help with anything? A: Sure, feel free to contribute to anything and I'll add it to this package. Special thanks to Kyo for testing the pack and allowing me to ship the map with this!

Details