The Second Exodus 2.0

Uploaded September 3, 2012 by josepezdj

Description

This is the map I submitted for the Super Mapping Contest at TWP... but this new version is much more polished, deeply TESTED (hehehe) and also easier! I've taken care of each single step making them firmer than in previous version upon my beta-testers' comments. I have added a new panel in the middle of room 3's ceiling in order to make the final step much easier. And yes, I've packed everything into the file so it should be seen now perfectly It's a MEDIUM-HARD difficulty fling-based map along 3 main chambers. No glitches, ninja movements or crazy things are involved, seriously! Only logic is required and a certain ability to control flinging, that's all. I've added an easter egg too for those who wants more challenge It's not so difficult but it's funny to reach! Try! ================================= OFFICIAL SOLUTION VIDEO RELEASED ================================= SOLUTION TO THE NORMAL RUN (NO EASTER EGG) [spoiler]uKAS9f765TU[/spoiler] ======================================= COMPLETE SOLUTION (INCLUDES EASTER EGGS) [spoiler]RHLJwWs2fOc[/spoiler] ======================================= ------------------------------ Special thanks to: - Greykarel: Grey, man, you're incredible, thanks for your help playing it again and again and with the skybox technical improvements... I owe you one! - Markiu: Marc, thanks my friend for test this map in each version and for finding all those ninja movements for breaking the map that only you are capable of ... And also for suggesting/inspiring the easter egg! - Zivi7: Chris, thank you so much for testing it all the times and let me know your detailed comments on issues and annoyances! You're awesome guys!! There's an overlay for each of you hidden in the map... go find them and take a picture! - Vanessa, my graphic designer and friend. Artwork, signage and skybox colour correction by her... you are the best! don't leave me ever! - Neco: Necati, I have missed you all this time my friend! And finally, thanks a ton to Thnkingwithportals.com, I wouldn't known what I know about mapping now without the community, thanks from the bottom of my heart! ------------------------------ CREDITS: - Portal's Light rail platforms by Skotty (thanks for that man, awesome stuff as all you make!) - Original Skybox by Komaock - Original design of the light supports by my dear friend Neco. ---------- ChangeLog ---------- - v2.0.1: changed the height of a portalable wall that allowed an important unintended movement (thanks Sickle). Added some more tweaks. - v2.0.2: changed player model from "Bendy" to "Chell". Added many particles and effects. Fixed the bug on the water reflections when shader details settings are set to "low"/"medium". - v2.0.3: minor changes. Removed unintended move for the easter egg part (thanks to comoros94). Added a reflector-cube respawning at room 2 (in order to prevent that the player has to get back to room 1 to solve it again and get the cube back). Fixed a possible player's lock at final steps in dot2 (thanks to Mr. Waterhandle)