Coop Transition Script and Level Choosers

Uploaded April 3, 2012 by ChickenMobile

Description

This Transition script and custom level choosers can be used to transition to different maps and courses through a hub map (like Valves). The level choosers can choose from any map in the course and it can display what map you are choosing with a message appearing on the screen. You can have 'infinite' courses inside your script, however both players need the same maps in order for the map to transition to it. If anyone wants to make a coop mass mack-pack (from everyone's coop maps), go ahead. It is definitely possible. Refer to the README.txt included with the download for installation instructions and common problems with fixes. If you have a problem and you cannot find an answer to it: put a post in this thread or PM me so we can get it working. One thing I don't know how to do (yet) is to save a player's progress and make the courses 'unlockable', even if the player has ended the game and then goes back to it (with the same or different partner). If anyone can tell me how to read and write to a file, I would gladly edit this and put this function in. If you are to use my instances/script/materials make sure you credit me within your map download or in your credits! Anyway, enjoy! ChickenMobile EDIT: From a very nice person I found out that there are a few errors with this: - The map doesn't transition without a point_servercommand called @command in your map - I forgot a major script that opens the chooser panel - Updated the Readme file to account for a new problem found - You don't have to use my coop spawner instance (your welcome to use your own) Guaranteed all things are now fixed! EDIT: Sorry guys for uploading the wrong file. Fixed in double time.

Details