Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Custom Maps to Extra

Run this from your portal 2 or portal2 folder and it automatically make entries for custom maps that are placed in your maps folder. This is a work in progress as I am thinking of extending this to a map manager but time is working against me (exams and such) and I must therefore cool down the development. This is a working version though and written in Java and therefore very easy to run even on macs (not tested though). If bugs are found (and they will be) please do post them here. Thanks

File Name: Portal2CMtoExtra.zip
File Size: 5.99 KiB
Click here to download Custom Maps to Extra

i have confirmed that it works on mac. i have also attached a modified your readme.txt to be mac specific.

Hey, nice little program. It seems to work just fine for getting the maps into the extras menu.

That said, I'm having a little niggle with it putting two copies of each custom map in there. I ran it twice because I didn't think it did anything the first time. Is there a way to undo this doubling-up, as it were? I could see this being a problem as I go to add more maps in the future as well.

Cheers and thanks.

It worked the first time through when I downloaded the map "patent pending" but i then downloaded another map to play and this isn't working anymore...?

(on a mac btw)